Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:32 AM

146 posts, read 123,202 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by jessemh431
"Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ..
"

Being here illegally is not a race. You really don't know this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 10:06 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kidd View Post

Originally Posted by jessemh431
"Show me on the doll where undocumented immigrants endangered you and other racists in NJ..
"

Being here illegally is not a race. You really don't know this?
I see nobody is addressing any of the actual points I've made this entire thread. Good job

As for that quote, yeah. When people talk about undocumented immigrants, it's almost always in the context of Latin American immigration. I don't see many people addressing the influx of undocumented Asian immigrants, or people who fly to the US to give birth. Obviously I doubt anyone is going to sit here and admit they just don't like Latinos, especially after I've brought up the Asian immigration issue. So I don't expect this conversation to drift in a different way. But I have an inkling that a majority of people on here are mostly anti-Latino illegal immigration and would like to see a wall get built. That completely ignores the rising illegal immigration from Asia and the fact that visa overstays now account for the majority of new undocumented immigrants. Many of those visa overstays are Asians. And it even further ignores the birth tourism industry in the US. I highly disagree with doing away with birthright citizenship, but has anyone attempted to change these laws, often utilized by white and Chinese wealthy foreigners?

How many times have Latinos been the target of illegal immigration? From being questioned by police just for being brown, to being ridiculed in public for speaking Spanish, and more. Does anyone ever stop and question whether a Russian is illegal? I highly doubt it. I've never seen a story of a Russian arrested in Montana for speaking Russian. I've never seen anyone yell at a Russian to go back to where they came from if they refuse to speak English. I've never seen a state try to pass laws that allow Russians to be legally stopped to check their citizenship status. Yet Russian birth tourism is a real thing. I know the Latino undocumented immigration problem is much larger, but should we not be talking about all undocumented immigrants? And with the rise of Asian illegal immigration, I don't hear about old Chinese women being told to go home or being stopped by police either. I don't hear about people questioning whether or not their child's Chinese classmates are illegal or not. These are common themes directed only at Latinos.

If you actively campaign against all forms of illegal immigration, including the crackdown of birth tourism committed heavily by Russians and Chinese and putting more resources into tracking down Asian illegal immigrants, then fine. But I have yet to hear a political debate that addresses them; they always hinge on Mexicans stealing our jobs yet simultaneously being lazy and living off the citizens and being gang members and drug dealers so we need to build a wall. And ridiculing Latinx immigrants for speaking Spanish seems to be quite commonly accepted, but nobody yells at Russians or Asians for speaking their languages in grocery stores.

But please, go ahead and ignore every other thing I've said on this thread and focus on that one exact quote.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:18 AM

1,142 posts, read 856,433 times
All very good points JesseMH. Even though we may not have agreed on everything, your response was educated and made logical sense. Instead of pointing fingers, it would be nice if Congress would just compromise and work better on a solution making it easier for hard working illegals to obtain citizenship while being harsher and faster deporting those who are here to do harm with drugs, violence, and terrorism. I do fear the "white, racist, kkk supporter" who wants to shoot up a school, church, mall, or shopping center. At the same time, those MS13 gang members and radical muslim terrorists are all over nyc and I do equally worry about them as well when I am there.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
i have a solution for drugs and ms-13. legalize all drugs. then you dont have to worry about illegal drugs coming in since all drugs would be legal. you would also take away a huge amount of the gang crimes since gangs will no longer be in the drug business. bam, i just solved a lot of your problems.

cops wont allow it though. they fear that they would lose their jobs if they didnt have to spend so much time kidnapping people for drug "crimes."

btw, the government has no right to kidnap people for drug "crimes" or to kidnap people for using medication with a prescription. these are not actual crimes and all police who enforce these laws should be arrested and prosecuted for kidnapping.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:20 AM

146 posts, read 123,202 times
jessemh431, another apologist for illegals.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the ad hominem attack. It shows your maturity and ability to debate a real issue. You have yet to address a single point I've brought up to you.

"Willful ignorance occurs when individuals realize at some level of consciousness that their beliefs are probably false, or when they refuse to attend to information that would establish their falsity. People engage in willful ignorance because it is useful."
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...self-deception

Until you're able to prove that you are not wilfully ignorant, I'm going to believe that you are. You seem entirely unwilling or incapable of addressing my actual points and factual evidence.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
its interesting how small of an issue illegal immigration is while it is so important to a lot of people. trump was able to capitalize on this and i think partly because the democrats way of dealing with it is dishonest. its also something that im sure matters to democrats and republicans because of the assumption that the vast majority of illegals will vote for democrats. clearly, it isnt right to make a decision based on who the people will vote for but you cant expect a political party to be concerned about right vs wrong.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:25 AM

20,099 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Jersey just elected a governor who promised to raise taxes 1.4 billion dollars and to take care of people who have no legal right to live in Jersey. You get the government you deserve.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 AM

586 posts, read 314,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post

crap snipped

amf!

Old 03-26-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
amf!
So basically what you're all saying is that I'm right, because nobody has yet countered my actual statements or factual statistics. Thanks for the support!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: