Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 12:51 PM

4,029 posts, read 3,637,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysalami View Post
85.5% of the population is one of only 3 ethnicities.

Once again, not very diverse at all.
Race does not equal ethnicity, but I’ll play your game. Name a few NJ towns more diverse than the Bronx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 07:43 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by af1602 View Post
I live in the Bronx, New York and am looking to move to West Milford, NJ. I did some research and found out it’s not a lot of black folk living out there. I got to see a few gorgeous homes and even made and offer on one. But am concerned about the lack of diversity. Can anyone familiar talk me off the ledge and tell me there’s nothing worry about. I have kids in middle school I’m concerned for.
not sure if srs.
your kids will be much safer in west milford than anywhere in the bronx other than riverdale perhaps.
white on black crime is far less common than black on black or black on white.

sure, a few mean words will be said, but you don't have to worry about your kids joining gangs, getting involved with drugs... basically any inner city crime.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:10 AM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
not sure if srs.
your kids will be much safer in west milford than anywhere in the bronx other than riverdale perhaps.
white on black crime is far less common than black on black or black on white.

sure, a few mean words will be said, but you don't have to worry about your kids joining gangs, getting involved with drugs... basically any inner city crime.
Well, pretty sure there are lots of drugs available in West Milford, just like any town in NJ.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:17 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,907,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post

These days, the average suburban/rural area is probably hit much harder by heavy drugs than the average inner-city area.

This is contrast to the 1980's when things were clearly the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey