Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 03:02 PM

87,990 posts, read 83,805,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Too many handicap spaces

This is a long time ago, but I never stopped foot back into that hell hole after a group of guys (we just graduated highschool) we went to concert at the BB&T Pavilion, after parking and walking into the building some thug just walked up to one of my friends and shot him right in the stomach at 5pm in the afternoon in the middle of the street for no pre-empted reason.
Hahaha, good one.

But scary story about your friend. Damn.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,463,641 times
Quote:
Too many handicap spaces

This is a long time ago, but I never stopped foot back into that hell hole after a group of guys (we just graduated highschool) we went to concert at the BB&T Pavilion, after parking and walking into the building some thug just walked up to one of my friends and shot him right in the stomach at 5pm in the afternoon in the middle of the street for no pre-empted reason.
he ok?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 03:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,463,641 times
ive only been to camden once. my wife's family was visiting from puerto rico and we all went to the aquarium. when we left, there were some roads closed and we found ourselves stuff in camden and didnt know how to leave. we were driving around and there were so many people, just unsavory characters hanging around the place (i know we probably looked unsavory to them). i let my wife know that she is free to drive through red lights if she wants. its kind of funny that we had the familia sitting in the back probably nervous and we were trying to look calm but we were not calm.

fortunately nothing happened but my wife is forever banned from taking my kids to that aquarium (im sure she wouldnt anyway).

Old 08-16-2019, 05:27 PM

7,646 posts, read 6,413,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
real estate prices have nowhere to go but up, right?

word

Old 08-16-2019, 07:19 PM

610 posts, read 527,816 times
You're so silly! You accidentally drove to Camden, Maine, not Camden, NJ!

Old 08-16-2019, 10:01 PM

168 posts, read 126,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Is it better than Newark?

no

Old 08-16-2019, 10:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,200,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Keating View Post
Camden, New Jersey is a phenomenal place to live from what I've been hearing these days! It's nice enough that I feel the urge to sell my house in Virginia and move back to NJ! A college of mine, his wife, and kids recently moved to Camden after a job transfer, and I went up to NJ the other day to visit them. Here are my unadulterated thoughts of Camden:

It's simply one of the best places to live in New Jersey as well as the North East, for an urban area. The city, as a whole, is such a vibrant and up-and-coming place to be! There are so many cool bars, restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, museums, and parks throughout the town. There's always so much to do here. It's become a hot spot for not just families, but hipsters, artists, and musicians as well. The architecture is simply timeless, and what I like most is that the city of Camden has no abandoned homes, which unfortunately are common in many US cities. Camden's poverty rate is less than 5% and median household income is well above $100k, which proves that Camden's economy is booming. It's also a very safe area too, the crime rate is extraordinarily low, and families feel safe walking throughout Camden at all parts of the day. The public school system is splendid, with a 9/10 rating from GreatSchools and has won many awards. Rutgers Camden is good enough that the top professionals of academia are now considering it to be Ivy League! Camden is also very culturally diverse; there are over 100 established ethnic groups in Camden all having their own unique identity! The population of Camden is rapidly increasing and so are the amounts of tourists, so if you'd like to move here, you better do it quick before it becomes as expensive as Williamsburg Brooklyn! Camden truly is the Northeast's best kept secret and an all-around great city, and I'd fail to see why people would choose Hoboken or Moorestown or Short Hills over a place like Camden! I'd encourage all individuals as well as families to move to Camden if they can!
LOL!

Some took you seriously.

But what is your point...democratically run ****holes are still democratically ****holes? No matter the amount of tax payer dollars that get dumped in to them decade after decade?

If it is, it's a great point.

Which will fall flat among those who want others to pay more in taxes so more $$ can be sent to the ****holes that just can't EVER seem to fix themselves (while they keep voting in the same stupid to run the ****holes).

Old 08-17-2019, 12:41 AM

32,757 posts, read 35,962,679 times
The only people who would believe that post have never been there, don't live in NJ, are wearing blinders, or are comatose.

Irvington and the other high crime areas are better and safer than Camden?

Old 08-17-2019, 01:57 AM

2,335 posts, read 2,895,318 times
Quote:
Too many handicap spaces

The shooter probably mistook your friend for a rival, even in Camden you usually do not get shot unless you're engaging in narcotics trade or other illegal activities. Is your friend alright and did they catch the shooter?

Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,082,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info;55956011
But what is your point...democratically run ****holes are still democratically ****holes? No matter the amount of tax payer dollars that get dumped in to them decade after decade?
Yes that pretty much sums it up. Just look at New York City. The city was a crime-infested dump for decades while under a democratic regime. It took a hard nosed, no-nonsense republican by the name of Rudy Giuliani to finally clean up the city and get it to where it is today. There are so many lessons to be learned by this, but to your point, most cities will just keep electing the same old democratic mayors and watch their city go down the tubes. The welfare state of these cities will go on for generations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey