U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2019, 12:20 AM
 
Location: Reston, Virginia
39 posts, read 29,085 times
Reputation: 51

Advertisements

Camden, New Jersey is a phenomenal place to live from what I've been hearing these days! It's nice enough that I feel the urge to sell my house in Virginia and move back to NJ! A college of mine, his wife, and kids recently moved to Camden after a job transfer, and I went up to NJ the other day to visit them. Here are my unadulterated thoughts of Camden:

It's simply one of the best places to live in New Jersey as well as the North East, for an urban area. The city, as a whole, is such a vibrant and up-and-coming place to be! There are so many cool bars, restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, museums, and parks throughout the town. There's always so much to do here. It's become a hot spot for not just families, but hipsters, artists, and musicians as well. The architecture is simply timeless, and what I like most is that the city of Camden has no abandoned homes, which unfortunately are common in many US cities. Camden's poverty rate is less than 5% and median household income is well above $100k, which proves that Camden's economy is booming. It's also a very safe area too, the crime rate is extraordinarily low, and families feel safe walking throughout Camden at all parts of the day. The public school system is splendid, with a 9/10 rating from GreatSchools and has won many awards. Rutgers Camden is good enough that the top professionals of academia are now considering it to be Ivy League! Camden is also very culturally diverse; there are over 100 established ethnic groups in Camden all having their own unique identity! The population of Camden is rapidly increasing and so are the amounts of tourists, so if you'd like to move here, you better do it quick before it becomes as expensive as Williamsburg Brooklyn! Camden truly is the Northeast's best kept secret and an all-around great city, and I'd fail to see why people would choose Hoboken or Moorestown or Short Hills over a place like Camden! I'd encourage all individuals as well as families to move to Camden if they can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2019, 01:01 AM
 
248 posts, read 636,502 times
Reputation: 69
funny post. sell the house,move to downtown camden - great place to raise a family. not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
26,137 posts, read 24,905,187 times
Reputation: 32409
I should dump my place and move there!

What prompted you to type this? Did you have a bad experience in a parking lot after visiting the aquarium?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 04:19 PM
 
1,168 posts, read 846,777 times
Reputation: 1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I should dump my place and move there!

What prompted you to type this? Did you have a bad experience in a parking lot after visiting the aquarium?

Too many handicap spaces


This is a long time ago, but I never stopped foot back into that hell hole after a group of guys (we just graduated highschool) we went to concert at the BB&T Pavilion, after parking and walking into the building some thug just walked up to one of my friends and shot him right in the stomach at 5pm in the afternoon in the middle of the street for no pre-empted reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,826 posts, read 3,290,019 times
Reputation: 3629
buy and hold for 10 years


I wanted to go to donkey's place but they are closed on saturday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 02:24 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
26,137 posts, read 24,905,187 times
Reputation: 32409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
buy and hold for 10 years


I wanted to go to donkey's place but they are closed on saturday
I just checked their hours. They're open the first Saturday of the month. I guess that area workers go there for lunch and run for their lives at the end of their shift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 12:11 PM
 
6,872 posts, read 6,751,318 times
Reputation: 3241
Is it better than Newark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 12:24 PM
 
145 posts, read 60,057 times
Reputation: 226
Newark is bad but Camden is arguably the absolute worst that the entire country has to offer. If not the worst then in the bottom 3.

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 08-16-2019 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 02:38 PM
 
1,998 posts, read 2,020,463 times
Reputation: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Keating View Post
Camden, New Jersey is a phenomenal place to live from what I've been hearing these days! It's nice enough that I feel the urge to sell my house in Virginia and move back to NJ! A college of mine, his wife, and kids recently moved to Camden after a job transfer, and I went up to NJ the other day to visit them. Here are my unadulterated thoughts of Camden:

It's simply one of the best places to live in New Jersey as well as the North East, for an urban area. The city, as a whole, is such a vibrant and up-and-coming place to be! There are so many cool bars, restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, museums, and parks throughout the town. There's always so much to do here. It's become a hot spot for not just families, but hipsters, artists, and musicians as well. The architecture is simply timeless, and what I like most is that the city of Camden has no abandoned homes, which unfortunately are common in many US cities. Camden's poverty rate is less than 5% and median household income is well above $100k, which proves that Camden's economy is booming. It's also a very safe area too, the crime rate is extraordinarily low, and families feel safe walking throughout Camden at all parts of the day. The public school system is splendid, with a 9/10 rating from GreatSchools and has won many awards. Rutgers Camden is good enough that the top professionals of academia are now considering it to be Ivy League! Camden is also very culturally diverse; there are over 100 established ethnic groups in Camden all having their own unique identity! The population of Camden is rapidly increasing and so are the amounts of tourists, so if you'd like to move here, you better do it quick before it becomes as expensive as Williamsburg Brooklyn! Camden truly is the Northeast's best kept secret and an all-around great city, and I'd fail to see why people would choose Hoboken or Moorestown or Short Hills over a place like Camden! I'd encourage all individuals as well as families to move to Camden if they can!
This is absolutely hi-la-ri-ous . I have work to do but can't stop laughing now. Probably one of the best, if not the best post ever here on city-data .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 02:40 PM
 
Location: NJ
24,869 posts, read 30,984,836 times
Reputation: 16852
real estate prices have nowhere to go but up, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top