Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM

5 posts, read 12,758 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had a baby at Robert Wood in New Brunswick? If so can you please share good/bad experiences and recommend OB/GYN out of that hospital? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM

29 posts, read 146,476 times
Best Hospital for having a baby

Old 04-16-2008, 08:17 PM

687 posts, read 3,250,762 times
Is there any way possible for you to deliver at St. Peter's? That's easily the best choice if you have an option in New Brunswick. If so, send me a DM, and I'll give you the name and number of my (outstanding and highly conscientious, though high strung and paranoid ) OB-GYN.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
I've delivered a baby at Raritan Bay in Perth Amboy, the doctor I had at the time was tops. I don't remember the hospital stay, think it was over night.

Robert Wood in Brunswick is a top notch hospital. My dad had cancer treatments there, was in for weeks another time for a month, I have no complaints. Not sure if they do this for all of the hospital or just the cancer & kids but he was allowed to order what ever he wanted from 6am (IIRC) to about 7 pm. Food was excellent.

I was able to walk around some, I know a lady that worked the pediatric floor & will say that everyone was nice. Doctors & nurses would say hello as I walked the hall.

The emergency room at RWJ was not the greatest for my dad, you would think that they would put someone with no immune system in a seperate place, especially since the cancer center is across the street and uses that hospital. I would imagine that for someone in labor they would have to get you through quickly.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,986 times
Robert Wood @ New Brunswick has a brand new L & D unit just opened on May 12. Gorgeous rooms, flat screen TVs, etc.

The doctors are phenomenal and the L & D nurses on staff there are very friendly, accomadating and professional. It's an epidural-friendly place (if that be your choice), no labor tubs but plenty of birthing balls. They also have an ante-partum high risk unit for mothers with high risk pregnancies. They get alot of transfers from other facilities of pts with various high risk issues, and their Level IV NICU is top rated.

Post partum rooms are all private. All in all, an extremely satisfying childbirth experience. You should call to arrange a tour to help with this important decision. Good Luck!

Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
I thought the NICU level's only went to III (with A's and B's tossed in there)?

St. Pete's is a level 3...

Also, St. Pete's just had one part of a maternity post-partum care floor re-done to the tune of flat-screens. NOW you give birth and stay in the same room for your post-partum care. I missed that brand new experience this past January by one week...that wing wasn't open yet...although it was supposed to be!

St. Pete's and Robert Wood are both considered "city" hospitals....the wear and tear relfects on the staff...trust me. They're both in New Brunswick and it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey