U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 08:05 PM

683 posts, read 726,219 times

Advertisements

Other working class towns in Bergen County such as Ridgefield Park seem not to have the low class riff raff that dominate Lyndhurst. I rented there for several years and only tolerated the place because of its proximity to NYC. It’s not as bad as Camden but it is worse than Bayonne. I heard the Ridge Road overpass to Rutherford is still closed for construction indefinitely. That must be making the god awful traffic even more hellish. If I were you, I’d take a hard pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 03:19 PM

898 posts, read 611,331 times
I’ve been passing through Lyndhurst for years and although the demographics have changed it seems to be the same tidy, working class town it always was. Houses are mostly well kept but tight with lots of 2 families. Has the school ranking gone way up or down? That’s the best way to tell.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:26 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,582,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews678 View Post
That isn't what I meant, solely on diversity. I also asked if schools were weakening, and now to elaborate, has crime increased over the past several years? There are many factors that can contribute to a town going down the tubes, so you're mistaken if you think I was equating diversity with a weakened town overall.
The fact that you said the town is growing diverse then asking if crime is skyrocketing, schools are deteriorating, and if it's going downhill, come off as you being anti diversity.

I don't know you and I am not saying you're racist.

But that is how the post comes off as.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:47 PM

4,833 posts, read 3,293,592 times
seems fine to me.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:07 PM

550 posts, read 1,172,159 times
its never been anything special. i would never move to that town.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:31 AM

34 posts, read 13,557 times
Fair enough, @homenj

Old 08-22-2019, 11:52 AM

12 posts, read 3,839 times
I still have family that live in Lyndhurst and it seems to be about the same as it always was. Yes, it has gotten more diverse from the working-class Italian town it used to be, but I wouldn't say that it has gone downhill. The time I spent there I was able to walk around the town and I was fine, no riff raff, no dirty looks, just a nice little township that has a working class feel to it.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:48 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,270,156 times
Lyndhurst is fine if you’re looking for a semi-affordable and safe town. It’s definitely not the greatest town though and the schools are mediocre at best. The only towns in southern Bergen County I would personally buy a house in are Rutherford, Leonia, Hasbrouck Heights, or Fair Lawn (kinda rides the border with North and South BC).

Old 08-26-2019, 07:45 PM

9,595 posts, read 15,223,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
The fact that you said the town is growing diverse then asking if crime is skyrocketing, schools are deteriorating, and if it's going downhill, come off as you being anti diversity.
I'm pretty sure Camazotz (and not that 2018 version) is somewhere in NJ.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:59 AM

686 posts, read 507,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
Other working class towns in Bergen County such as Ridgefield Park seem not to have the low class riff raff that dominate Lyndhurst. I rented there for several years and only tolerated the place because of its proximity to NYC. It’s not as bad as Camden but it is worse than Bayonne. I heard the Ridge Road overpass to Rutherford is still closed for construction indefinitely. That must be making the god awful traffic even more hellish. If I were you, I’d take a hard pass.
Nothing wrong with Lyndhurst, its a safe working class town with close proximity to NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey