U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 11:18 AM

182 posts, read 80,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyIrish View Post
I appreciate the input, however I'd like to ask if you can expand on the school comment. The Ocean Road school seems to be the lowest rated, but the rest seem to be on par with Manasquan, PP Beach, Wall, etc as per Great Schools, Niche, etc. Those are just numbers on paper, so to speak, so I'd be curious to hear why you feel PP Boro schools aren't all that great.

PP Boro:
https://www.niche.com/k12/d/point-pl...l-district-nj/ - overall ranking is A- (Ocean Road is B+, the rest are A-)

Manasquan:
https://www.niche.com/k12/d/manasqua...l-district-nj/ - overall ranking is A- (Elementary and Middle are B, high school is A)

PP Beach:
https://www.niche.com/k12/d/point-pl...l-district-nj/ overall ranking is A (A- Elementary and Middle, A high school)

Wall:
https://www.niche.com/k12/d/wall-tow...l-district-nj/ overall ranking is A- (many schools, it's a mix of B+ through A)

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just curious to hear what it is that makes you say the schools aren't very good. As I mentioned above, these review and aggregation sites are numbers on paper so I'm always keen to hear real world examples/information on why a school district isn't great.

Also, what about the people makes them lower class, in your opinion?

I'm not locked in on PP Boro as the only destination, but a lot of these other towns are significantly more expensive in the real world (house + higher taxes, not to mention flood insurance in some that have a larger flood footprint). The top of my preferred budget is around the starting point in some, and the houses that show up in that range are limited in quantity which means they probably go the route of down payment competitions and bidding wars, both of which I've done in the past and don't want to do again.
Look into Holmdel, Marlboro, Colts Neck, Freehold Township, Manalapan etc. and than compare those towns to Point Pleasant Boro etc. Those are just only a few of Monmouth County's towns that are so much more nicer, more affluent with higher income earners, better quality of real estate to choose from on nice size properties, outstanding school systems, sophisticated people, better town surroundings etc. There are many other towns like Shrewsbury and nice sections of Middletown Township you can look into as well etc. Also, Aberdeen may work for you. Monmouth County offers many very nice areas. My point being is that if you are moving to get away from the congestion of Union County than there are so many better options than Point Pleasant Boro that you should consider. When I drive through neighborhoods in Monmouth County and then drive through neighborhoods in Point Pleasant Boro I see a major difference is all that I'm saying. Point Pleasant Boro is definitely not a white collar town and if your going to spend over $500k on a primary residence atleast go somewhere better. Or if you just want to go to Point Boro for the low property taxes then go for it. You may also want to consider other counties as well and keep doing your research before you settle.

Last edited by possibleyou; 09-26-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 04:05 PM

5,475 posts, read 10,681,269 times
My kids went to Boro schools. Excellent, I am friends with teachers and school board members there. Nellie Bennett is the best grammar school. Bay Head Shores and Laguna Village are the best areas. Very community oriented, good luck with your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or