U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 400 times

Advertisements

Need a bunch of advice.... I have a really good friend who is jammed up right now. He has a horrible public defender and he intends on requesting a different one.

Can anybody recommend a reputable criminal public defender for Monmouth County? Can he get a public defender in a different county?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 03:27 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,000,868 times
I don’t know if you can even choose your public defender. Might be stuck with what they give you.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:20 PM

4,833 posts, read 3,293,592 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJu3r6dpGYI

Old 08-23-2019, 11:33 PM

6,916 posts, read 6,755,024 times
Are public defenders actually private lawyers/firms that get selected by a judge, or is it actually a government position? I always thought it was a government position, and public defender is a direct government employee.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:27 AM

17,491 posts, read 12,198,741 times
Had an excellent one in Mercer co. Figured the Public Defender would roll over given the situation. spoke to her at length and she ate the other establishment guy's lunch and spit out his lawyer. WOW! was that guy pissed! He claimed the judge agreed with him 99% of the time. glad the PD was in the same room with me after the trial, as he, a so called medical professional, verbally attacked me.

Luck of the draw?

Give the public defender some background, maybe your case is cut and dry against your friend with no room for a creative, effective defense??

Old 08-24-2019, 04:28 PM

407 posts, read 391,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG103 View Post
Need a bunch of advice.... I have a really good friend who is jammed up right now. He has a horrible public defender and he intends on requesting a different one.

Can anybody recommend a reputable criminal public defender for Monmouth County? Can he get a public defender in a different county?

Thank you.
What does it mean to be “jammed up”? If you commit a crime, accept the consequences. Maybe you’ll think twice about it next time. I guess this an example of the MSNBC liberals advising criminals:

“When you break society’s laws, it’s not your fault. Blame other people for your sins, preferably people who are long dead. Instead of saying “I committed a crime and the police caught me”, use the passive voice and say ‘I got jammed up’. And in other news, claims by Republicans that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s IQ is 85 are patently false. Her IQ is actually 88”.

I wonder if government counsel is telling your friend a truth he does not want to hear.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:09 PM

4,362 posts, read 9,515,091 times
What did your "friend" do?

Old 08-25-2019, 01:12 PM

4,362 posts, read 9,515,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post
What does it mean to be “jammed up”? If you commit a crime, accept the consequences. Maybe you’ll think twice about it next time. I guess this an example of the MSNBC liberals advising criminals:

“When you break society’s laws, it’s not your fault. Blame other people for your sins, preferably people who are long dead. Instead of saying “I committed a crime and the police caught me”, use the passive voice and say ‘I got jammed up’. And in other news, claims by Republicans that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s IQ is 85 are patently false. Her IQ is actually 88”.

I wonder if government counsel is telling your friend a truth he does not want to hear.
Yeah, I always laugh when they interview a friend or relative of the suspect and they say "he made a mistake". A mistake happens when you do something wrong because you didn't know what was right. Committing a crime is rarely a "mistake".

Old 08-25-2019, 02:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,000,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post

It means he was charged with a crime, and like any intelligent person charged with a crime, they are seeking the best possible defense available to them. If you were charged with a crime, you would likely do the same.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:58 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,472,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
It means he was charged with a crime, and like any intelligent person charged with a crime, they are seeking the best possible defense available to them. If you were charged with a crime, you would likely do the same.

Exactly. I've never been charged with anything, but just being charged doesn't mean you're guilty. Besides, I'm sure it's possible to be assigned an apathetic or tired attorney and wonder if you'll get a fair trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey