U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
4,080 posts, read 3,737,193 times
Reputation: 7577

Advertisements

Does anyone have any details about the old Lackawanna RR bridge over the Delaware River that also crosses over I-80 at about Mile Marker 4 in NJ? Bad traffic on Thursday evening, and all day Friday going both east and west.


Today (Monday) all clear so I guess they shored it up somehow. I heard a rumor on Friday that the old DL&W bridge was dropping chunks of concrete onto or near Route 80!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:14 PM
 
21,984 posts, read 14,676,555 times
Reputation: 15528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Does anyone have any details about the old Lackawanna RR bridge over the Delaware River that also crosses over I-80 at about Mile Marker 4 in NJ? Bad traffic on Thursday evening, and all day Friday going both east and west.


Today (Monday) all clear so I guess they shored it up somehow. I heard a rumor on Friday that the old DL&W bridge was dropping chunks of concrete onto or near Route 80!
Are you referring to the Delaware River Viaduct?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_River_Viaduct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
4,080 posts, read 3,737,193 times
Reputation: 7577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Are you referring to the Delaware River Viaduct?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_River_Viaduct

Yes, I am. Do you have any info on it? It's too far out west to be mentioned by NYC media, and it's in NJ so it's not mentioned by Scranton media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 03:40 PM
 
21,984 posts, read 14,676,555 times
Reputation: 15528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Yes, I am. Do you have any info on it? It's too far out west to be mentioned by NYC media, and it's in NJ so it's not mentioned by Scranton media.
Didn't bother researching recent news reports, only identified structure in question.

But further research took just two seconds, so LMGTFY:

https://www.njherald.com/20190824/re...s--on-route-80

Search engines are your friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2019, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
4,080 posts, read 3,737,193 times
Reputation: 7577
X

Last edited by jtab4994; 08-27-2019 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2019, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
4,080 posts, read 3,737,193 times
Reputation: 7577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
But further research took just two seconds, so LMGTFY:

Thanks. Your trophy is in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top