Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 10:14 AM

11,343 posts, read 16,699,701 times

Advertisements

Looks like Dems care more about illegals than US NJ citizens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

More than 700 undocumented students received more than $3.8 million in college financial aid for the first year during which New Jersey made the aid available to those without legal status.

The figures, provided by the state Higher Education Assistance Authority, show that 749 students in total received the aid during both the fall and spring semesters of the 2018-19 school year. Most of the aid, more than $3.5 million, was awarded under the New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant, or TAG program.

https://www.app.com/story/news/new-j...ts/2049343001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 10:43 AM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Looks like Dems care more about illegals than US NJ citizens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

More than 700 undocumented students received more than $3.8 million in college financial aid for the first year during which New Jersey made the aid available to those without legal status.

The figures, provided by the state Higher Education Assistance Authority, show that 749 students in total received the aid during both the fall and spring semesters of the 2018-19 school year. Most of the aid, more than $3.5 million, was awarded under the New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant, or TAG program.

https://www.app.com/story/news/new-j...ts/2049343001/
Our tax dollars at work.

That should help make NJ a lot more attractive to illegals who currently live elsewhere. Especially when we start giving them drivers licenses too. And they can all bring their school age children who cost us $25,000 per year, per kid, to go to our public schools.

We haven’t been hiking taxes enough lately. We need to work on that.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:48 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I could have used some of that aid to pay for my son's in-state expenses at Rutgers and Rowan.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 AM

It is a race to see how many poor people we can attract, and how many rich people we can repel.

That seems like a winning strategy. What could go wrong?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:55 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,958,062 times
Hooray I'm all for it! 3.8 million doesn't cover the cost of a single government office doing anything or nothing, anywhere, or a few disposable drones, or a half dozen sick people on Medicare being billed 10K per day for a hospital bed. Happy to see my tax dollars actually benefitting young people, especially the undocumented. And I'm retired and love Medicare and don't pay any NJ income tax. A great state to retire in.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Hooray I'm all for it! 3.8 million doesn't cover the cost of a single government office doing anything or nothing, anywhere, or a few disposable drones, or a half dozen sick people on Medicare being billed 10K per day for a hospital bed. Happy to see my tax dollars actually benefitting young people, especially the undocumented. And I'm retired and love Medicare and don't pay any NJ income tax. A great state to retire in.
Awesome! The master plan is working!

We should change the state motto to:

“NJ, A great state for anyone who doesn’t pay taxes.”

Like I said, what could go wrong?

BTW, you do realize that in the very same post where you said you were happy to see your taxes spent on illegals, you also said that you don't pay any NJ income tax. So I’m not sure what taxes you are talking about, because it is the income tax that pays for things like this.

Maybe you should have said “I am glad to see YOUR taxes spent on illegals.”.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:52 PM

1,142 posts, read 858,690 times
This is what happens when you keep voting for democraps.....not saying Christie was much better though.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:52 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,958,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Awesome! The master plan is working!

We should change the state motto to:

“NJ, A great state for anyone who doesn’t pay taxes.”

Like I said, what could go wrong?

BTW, you do realize that in the very same post where you said you were happy to see your taxes spent on illegals, you also said that you don't pay any NJ income tax. So I’m not sure what taxes you are talking about, because it is the income tax that pays for things like this.

Maybe you should have said “I am glad to see YOUR taxes spent on illegals.”.
You are 100% correct. I'm happy to see your taxes spent on educational assistance for illegals. I'm also happy that part of my RE taxes support public schools.

Here's a recap of the pertinent law "Like other children in New Jersey, undocumented students are required to attend school from age 6 to 16. Public schools cannot deny free admission to students because of their immigrant status." Hooray to that as well.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
You are 100% correct. I'm happy to see your taxes spent on educational assistance for illegals. I'm also happy that part of my RE taxes support public schools.

Here's a recap of the pertinent law "Like other children in New Jersey, undocumented students are required to attend school from age 6 to 16. Public schools cannot deny free admission to students because of their immigrant status." Hooray to that as well.
But you realize the unsustainability of this, don't you? High earners are leaving the area. We are in an automated world, where businesses can be run remotely on computers. People are not stuck living in high tax areas anymore. This is not just conjecture. Democratic NY Governor Cuomo said it. He said it was a big problem for NY. He is not exactly a right wing politician trying to spread fear. Don’t you think this applies to NJ too? What do you do when the high tax payers are replaced by the low/no tax payers?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:11 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Or instead of giving it to illegal aliens, they could have given more aid to American kids in Camden or Newark who have been living their whole lives in New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey