U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 12:23 PM

26 posts, read 12,479 times

Advertisements

The street signs on Castle Road across from the train station say "Residential permit parking, all others 2 hours".... Expected, for the obvious reasons.

HOWEVER...

Castle Road NORTH of Republic Clothing Corporation (623 Castle Road, just south of the dispensary) has no signage at all other than bus stop indicators. There are ALWAYS a bunch of cars parked on the street, for what I presumed to be either employees or visitors to companies. I did not see any special permits hanging in any of the cars.

I Google Mapped County road and also saw the same scenario... South of Brianna Lane (The Xchange Apartments), the permit parking signs are there. North of it, there's absolutely no signage at all (no bus stops here), and cars parked all over the sides of the streets.

Town website has nothing -- it just says "Residential streets require residential parking permits", but clearly the upper part of these roads are not residential areas

I use a cruiser skateboard so I can park .5 miles away from the station and be there in about 5 minutes so I am not concerned about the time spent going from my car to the station.

Reason for asking is, about once per week I need my car to get down to Piscataway after work, which is down the turnpike. Since Parkfast is so expensive, going straight from Secaucus has never been an option, so I lose 30-45 mins getting back to my car at Lyndhurst and then returning to the turnpike where I literally just was 30-45 mins prior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 11:11 PM

13 posts, read 2,998 times
We lived in Secaucus for a year. We never got a residential parking permit. We used to park along Castle Rd (after 4PM) and get a train into the city, and never got a ticket. We often didn't get back until after midnight. As long as you are parking after 4PM, you should be fine.. I think on weekends you can park there anytime.. good luck!

By the way, I would have voted for you to move to Rutherford vs. Lyndhurst much nicer downtown and easier to get to Manhattan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or