U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 11:26 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,001,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
That's a fairly normal thing here in the Philly market of NJ. Yes, I think New York City market of NJ drivers are much better drivers IMO.
Don’t get me wrong, sometimes when I’m feeling especially entitled I’ll squeeze in ahead of a bunch of people on line trying to get off an exit, but I’ll always use my turn signal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 11:47 AM

46 posts, read 6,903 times
I usually drive 100-110 mph on the Jersey Turnpike. Even a 75 mph speed limit is unreasonably low. The road has 6 lanes in each direction separated by solid medians and the road is straight for dozens of miles at a time with maybe 1 curve near the 195 interchange. Barely any traffic in south jersey. Interstates and Freeways should not have maximum speed limits, instead should have a minimum speed of 70 mph. Expressways and Parkways should have maximum speed limits ranging from 60 to 100 depending on the design of each road, and major routes should have speed limits ranging from 40 to 55 mph, local roads ranging from 20 to 35 mph, and side streets 15-20 mph. 10 mph for parking lots and toll plazas.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
LOL

Coke, Meth, or Adderall? Which one are you abusing?

September 9, 2019 join date.

30 posts in 9 days. On a Real Estate chat board. All about SAFE SPEEDING.

Listen, little buddy...if you were (1) driving on a learner's permit for 5 years, and have only been a licensed driver for 4 1/2 years, and (2) you think that "But I have driven on almost every highway in the tri-state area at least 5 times and must have driven 40,000 miles by now..." is somehow brag-worthy and makes you an experienced driver and highway safety expert, and (3) made a video of yourself going exactly 55 mph in the MIDDLE LANE and wonder why people are passing you?

Then, maybe you need to take a seat. A passenger seat. Or possibly a child safety seat in the rear. Because after listening to your voice on that video, it seems possible you might be a minor.

We can't have 2Fast2Furious expert safe speeding professional stunt drivers like yourself doing 110 on the Turnpike or anywhere in the tri-state. How do you expect people to go those kinds of speeds, and still be able to text, email, Facebook, Snap, Tweet, TikTok, search for podcasts and playlists, Google maps, fiddle with the GPS, vape, smoke, eat a 3-course breakfast from Dunkin Donuts, do their makeup, floss their teeth, and make YouTube vids with running commentary to post on City Data?

Come on, bro. Be reasonable.
1. I live in nyc, so every month of driving here is equivalent to about uh, 10 years of driving anywhere else. After a certain amount of driving it is all the same.
2. I never text and drive, use phone, or even adjust my seat while driving. Phone was mounted obviously. I don't think anyone should be allowed to text and drive and THAT is what should get the tickets, not simply going fast when the highway opens up. Just disproved your own point.
3. Was not in the middle lane. The LIE right lane keeps changing with every entrance and exit and then the HOV lane splits and recombines every few miles for some reason. West side highway in manhattan is similar, you start in the right lane and every block you're now one lane over because of the design lol. 2nd most right lane is right-enough and since I am going the MAXIMUM LEGAL SPEED MWWUUAAAHHH why should I be in the "slow lane"?
4. Too bad, I consistently tear up NJ and Ny roads at 90+ daily and there's nothing your butt-hurt self can do about it. I have driven like this for the past 7-8 years, and even achieved 105 when I still had my permit. I am 29 years old and will continue my safe speeding habits, and NO ONE BETTER block my way at 70 mph. 110 mph is chicken sh*T. A bugatti recently broke 304 mph on a german racetrack, and from my experience many interstates have longer straight-aways than racetracks.

Old 09-19-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
SafeSpeeder, I hope this is not the last we see of your work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr-uEoF_8qM

I salute you, SafeSpeeder.

DANNYHOBKINS, ARE YOU LISTENING???
I am not finished, NJ also has better education systems, prettier women, and legalizes euthanasia to some extent. It is also not measles infested like New York by the scumbag "religious parents" who refuse to vaccinate their kids. NJ also has one of the best six flags, with the thrilling high speed turnpike ride to get there (more thrilling than nitro/el toro..etc). New York has no class and oh my god do not even step on the sidewalks of lower manhattan if you can. Also tired of the hipster morons and craft ipas who have priced working people out of brooklyn and queens. OH and at least NJ transit actually goes faster than 15 mph. AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE AUTISTIC DOGS IN NY that bark for 5 hours straight for no reason at night and NJ has the best scenery off its highways. At least Jersey city is actually cleaned up and they think Newark water crisis is embarassing but most nyc schools now have 60 times the safety limit of led in the water supply, wasn't like this back in the 90s!!!! NJ eats ny and craps it all over the east coast by a factor of about 20 million. NJ would be my first step in inching toward the paradises of the west coast like nevada; gotta escape the narcassistic turds in ny! No wonder NY ranks 50th in the rank of "friendly states" and UTAH ranks 4th. SCREW NYS!!!!!

Old 09-19-2019, 12:12 PM

Well at least NY has the title of the most expensive bridge in the country, $19 to go to staten island, and the ONLY reason people are willing to pay to go there is because staten Is is really just jersey//////

Old 09-19-2019, 02:01 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,043,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSpeeder View Post
4. Too bad, I consistently tear up NJ and Ny roads at 90+ daily and there's nothing your butt-hurt self can do about it. I have driven like this for the past 7-8 years, and even achieved 105 when I still had my permit. I am 29 years old and will continue my safe speeding habits, and NO ONE BETTER block my way at 70 mph. 110 mph is chicken sh*T. A bugatti recently broke 304 mph on a german racetrack, and from my experience many interstates have longer straight-aways than racetracks.

No one better block your way? Sounds like a threat from a kid. If someone does, what are you going to do? Run them off the road, hit them, shoot them? Sounds more like you have road rage as well.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:14 PM

2,797 posts, read 927,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
No one better block your way? Sounds like a threat from a kid. If someone does, what are you going to do? Run them off the road, hit them, shoot them? Sounds more like you have road rage as well.
Also sounds like someone just got their license revoked....I'd say that's wishful thinking except it wouldn't deter him from driving....

Old 09-19-2019, 04:20 PM

Nope, I just lean on that horn and pass them and give them a look, simple enough, like most new yorkers do. Weird how you automatically thought that was a threat, paranoid person. My license is clean, pointless, valid, and holding. But your right, a suspended license would not stop me from driving. I would just go exactly the speed limit then to make sure not to get caught. One story I read said someone in their 60s got arrested because they drove for 50+ years without a license and never got pulled over. So it would make me go the speed limit.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:32 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,043,957 times
Kids

Old 09-19-2019, 07:27 PM

26,155 posts, read 24,918,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Also sounds like someone just got their license revoked....I'd say that's wishful thinking except it wouldn't deter him from driving....
It's just a matter of time. Junior Mr. hot and now will eventually get nailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or