U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 08:38 AM

14,834 posts, read 17,890,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I do. I'm from there.
Short Hills is not a town itself. It is a section of the town of Millburn.

Maybe it is YOU who doesn't have a clue?
Yup!
As per Wikipedia:
Short Hills is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Millburn Township, in Essex County, New Jersey, United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Hills,_New_Jersey

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 09:55 AM

3,821 posts, read 2,326,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yup!
As per Wikipedia:
Short Hills is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Millburn Township, in Essex County, New Jersey, United States.

Thank you

Old 10-11-2019, 04:23 PM

15,718 posts, read 5,617,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I do. I'm from there.
Short Hills is not a town itself. It is a section of the town of Millburn.

Maybe it is YOU who doesn't have a clue?
Please what post did I say it was a separate town ?

Old 10-11-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yup!
As per Wikipedia:

When did I say it wasn't?

Old 10-11-2019, 08:20 PM

9,592 posts, read 15,217,703 times
"Short Hills" is just the name of a housing development started by the inventor of the roller shade, that somehow ended up getting applied to half the township.

Old 10-13-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
"Short Hills" is just the name of a housing development started by the inventor of the roller shade, that somehow ended up getting applied to half the township.
Short Hills has always been part of Millburn Township but it also has it's own sip code /post Office,small downtown and Train station .....which gives the illusion to some it might have been a separate town at one time.(it was not)

Old 10-13-2019, 11:02 AM

11,967 posts, read 10,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Why Short Hills, no way you can afford it and no there is nothing at 1500 or 2000 or 2800 . Summit is a better bet or New Providence or even Berkeley Heights maybe even Livingston considering where your job is.

try rent .com
Strange. Why Maybe? Where in Livingston is inconvenient to anywhere Short Hills?

It would be MORE convenient than all the other places you mentioned if his job were near the Livingston border or on the Livingston side of town

But we know where his Job is. He said it in the OP. It is on JFK, so it cant be anywhere except for those buildings around the mall. The rest of JFK is woods and water preserves up until the Livingston border, so it cant be anywhere else. That is about a 10 minute drive from the center of Livingston.

But it is a moot point. There are only a couple of apartment buildings in Livingston for people under 55 years old. In one of them, a studio starts at $2400, and in the other building, the apartments start at around $3000.

It is possible that someone may rent a room in their house, that is within his budget, in any of the towns.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Strange. Why Maybe? Where in Livingston is inconvenient to anywhere Short Hills?

It would be MORE convenient than all the other places you mentioned if his job were near the Livingston border or on the Livingston side of town

But we know where his Job is. He said it in the OP. It is on JFK, so it cant be anywhere except for those buildings around the mall. The rest of JFK is woods and water preserves up until the Livingston border, so it cant be anywhere else. That is about a 10 minute drive from the center of Livingston.

But it is a moot point. There are only a couple of apartment buildings in Livingston for people under 55 years old. In one of them, a studio starts at $2400, and in the other building, the apartments start at around $3000.

It is possible that someone may rent a room in their house, that is within his budget, in any of the towns.
He said he was working on JFK Parkway , it goes straight into Livingston not many lights and a speed limit of 55.It's actually more convenient than staying in Millburn

Summit is actually closer to the JFK Parkway than any place in Millburn and the Broadway Diner is excellent.

In the Short Hills area of Millburn there is only one set of Apartment and that is around the corner behind the old gas station just down from the train station in Short Hills and last I checked there were no vacancies.

Quote:
There are only a couple of apartment buildings in Livingston for people under 55 years old. In one of them, a studio starts at $2400, and in the other building, the apartments start at around $3000.
Same in many of the place's in that area . My point was to look outside his comfort area.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:33 PM

9,592 posts, read 15,217,703 times
$1500 is tough. There's the apartments near the hospital on Old Short Hills Road (West Mill Gardens), this is West Orange. These apartments look kind of run down from the outside and they're on a very busy road. There's also the new ones at the southern extension of Florham Park, Sun Valley -- the name makes them sound age restricted but I don't think they are. They're going to be a lot more than $1500 though.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:44 AM

3,821 posts, read 2,326,911 times
I would say Springfield and Millburn is the best bet for $1500
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or