U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 10:47 PM

1,095 posts, read 489,461 times

Advertisements

I've noticed since the beginning September, people are blowing through red lights and stop signs. It's not even spring and people are driving like it's a spring fever.

1. Newark (although this is Newark in 2019 and not the 70s), a Honda Odyssey allegedly blows through a red light as I have a green.

2. Willowbrook Mall - I have a left arrow and this redneck pickup truck from the opposite direction attempts to run straight through his red light (he probably mistakened the light since the green arrow on his side probably came on) and then he slams his brake.

3. Florham Park McDonald's - I am coming out of McDonald's and this idiot in a Honda Civic blows through his stop sign and slams his brake as I am going past him. He was driving with his windows down. I lay on my horn, he looks at me and no freakin' shame. Seriously? PLEASE don't drive with your windows down (or a convertible) and advertise your face to the public if you can't drive. If you are going to make embarrassing mistakes when you drive, then keep your windows up (like what I do for the sake of my privacy and reputation).

4. In general lately - People around NJ are just blowing their stop signs when I am a bit close to them and making me add more wear and tear to my car to slow down for you and then have to accelerate back to the speed limit.

The car trends around the US are changing. Honda Odysseys are no longer the soccer mom vehicle trend and all Honda driver, especially Honda Civic drivers. And this goes for any state. Pennsylvanian Honda Civic drivers are the WORST.

And in NJ, the you have the redneck pickup truck drivers that drive like rednecks (extremely prevalent anywhere west of 287) not using a turn signal and they are the ones blowing through stop signs and red lights (also driving slow).

Old 10-02-2019, 07:54 AM

5,485 posts, read 13,478,242 times
Yer figuring out life and driving in NJ and reminds me off that song "Staying Alive".

I also see sometimes when a right green arrow comes on first, some drivers see green and start off straight through. Most of the time they catch themselves and stop. And many especially during evening commute times squeeze through past when the light turned red.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:01 AM

8,793 posts, read 12,744,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I've noticed since the beginning September, people are blowing through red lights and stop signs. It's not even spring and people are driving like it's a spring fever.

1. Newark (although this is Newark in 2019 and not the 70s), a Honda Odyssey allegedly blows through a red light as I have a green.

2. Willowbrook Mall - I have a left arrow and this redneck pickup truck from the opposite direction attempts to run straight through his red light (he probably mistakened the light since the green arrow on his side probably came on) and then he slams his brake.

3. Florham Park McDonald's - I am coming out of McDonald's and this idiot in a Honda Civic blows through his stop sign and slams his brake as I am going past him. He was driving with his windows down. I lay on my horn, he looks at me and no freakin' shame. Seriously? PLEASE don't drive with your windows down (or a convertible) and advertise your face to the public if you can't drive. If you are going to make embarrassing mistakes when you drive, then keep your windows up (like what I do for the sake of my privacy and reputation).

4. In general lately - People around NJ are just blowing their stop signs when I am a bit close to them and making me add more wear and tear to my car to slow down for you and then have to accelerate back to the speed limit.

The car trends around the US are changing. Honda Odysseys are no longer the soccer mom vehicle trend and all Honda driver, especially Honda Civic drivers. And this goes for any state. Pennsylvanian Honda Civic drivers are the WORST.

And in NJ, the you have the redneck pickup truck drivers that drive like rednecks (extremely prevalent anywhere west of 287) not using a turn signal and they are the ones blowing through stop signs and red lights (also driving slow).
I think someone needs to move out of NJ. Maybe where they appreciate stereotyping people.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Yer figuring out life and driving in NJ and reminds me off that song "Staying Alive".

I also see sometimes when a right green arrow comes on first, some drivers see green and start off straight through. Most of the time they catch themselves and stop. And many especially during evening commute times squeeze through past when the light turned red.
Right green arrows too? I thought it's mainly the left green arrow that tricks the driver in the front.

And speaking of squeezing through "as soon as" the light turns red, we all do that, but yeah I get what you are saying, some people will still zoom through the light right after.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I think someone needs to move out of NJ. Maybe where they appreciate stereotyping people.
"
Hi Mr. New Jersey Redneck who drives a pickup truck and has a "redneck daddy" face lol. All the pickup truck drivers in NJ look alike and they dangle their arms out the window like a fool.

Old 10-02-2019, 02:52 PM

8,793 posts, read 12,744,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
"
Hi Mr. New Jersey Redneck who drives a pickup truck and has a "redneck daddy" face lol. All the pickup truck drivers in NJ look alike and they dangle their arms out the window like a fool.
No pick up truck here, but don't let the door hit you as you move to another state.

Be careful driving your 1988 Buick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or