U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 08:58 AM

4 posts, read 1,564 times

Advertisements

Hello my wife and I are looking to move back to Boulevard East. We lived on Blvd East for many years and looking to buy and move soon. Coming from in NYC, moving because I won't be working in the city but want to have easy access when we do need to get into town.

We want to buy, budget up to $400K+/-
Just starting to look, going to check the Versailles. I notice the ads don't include tax or maintenance. Does anyone have good, bad or other info on the Versailles?

When we lived there neighbors in The Galaxy would complain about mgt and maintenance-has this gotten better?

Three things that are important to me in order of importance: Proximity/view of NYC, restaurants & stores close, public transportation.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 AM

1,731 posts, read 3,167,774 times
You do know that $400K is an austere budget for that locale, right ?

Old 10-03-2019, 09:36 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,000,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
That’s a good budget for a co-op in the area, which it sounds like that’s what OP is looking at.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

Yes, I'm looking for a 2 bedroom and I saw several in the $400K range during my preliminary search online.

I hope maintenance/taxes are not not sky high, That can be a deal breaker; they weren't mentioned in the listings.

It would be great to hear some comments about the buildings, maintenance, management, condo board, etc.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Default Buildings on Blvd East

I read some of the comments about Blvd East buildings on apartmentratings and always like to keep in mind that negative comments may be from someone who just wants to vent.

I'm looking for your updated opinions on the luxury high rise buildings on Blvd East. First choice? Any to avoid, and why?

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2019, 03:40 PM

117 posts, read 182,420 times
the co-op maintenance fees include HOA + taxes. For a 2BR i think they would be very high (maybe $1500/mo?). Check Zillow.com, they have lots of listings which should include the monthly fees.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
the co-op maintenance fees include HOA + taxes. For a 2BR i think they would be very high (maybe $1500/mo?). Check Zillow.com, they have lots of listings which should include the monthly fees.
thanks Shadow

Old 10-15-2019, 01:54 PM

8,736 posts, read 5,650,242 times
Be sure to also check FEMA to confirm that you are not in the flood zone.

A nice site that also states the HOA is https://www.njmls.com/

Also, a nice incentive from NJ - https://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/homeownership/buyers/dpa/
"The NJHMFA state-wide Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) provides $10,000 for qualified first-time homebuyers to use as down payment and closing cost assistance when purchasing a home in New Jersey. The DPA is an interest-free, five-year forgivable second loan with no monthly payment."

I plan to buy next year in NJ too.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:39 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,000,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Be sure to also check FEMA to confirm that you are not in the flood zone.

A nice site that also states the HOA is https://www.njmls.com/

Also, a nice incentive from NJ - https://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/homeownership/buyers/dpa/
"The NJHMFA state-wide Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) provides $10,000 for qualified first-time homebuyers to use as down payment and closing cost assistance when purchasing a home in New Jersey. The DPA is an interest-free, five-year forgivable second loan with no monthly payment."

I plan to buy next year in NJ too.
If it’s interest-free, there’s no monthly payment, and it’s “forgivable”... is it really a loan? Sounds like a grant to me.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:33 AM

8,736 posts, read 5,650,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
If it’s interest-free, there’s no monthly payment, and it’s “forgivable”... is it really a loan? Sounds like a grant to me.
I agree. You have to also stay at that residence for 5 years for the loan to be forgiven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey