U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 08:54 AM

117 posts, read 182,547 times

Advertisements

your best bet as others have said is to take an Uber into Hoboken Sat night. Bars start getting decent around 10pm. Last call is 230am. Figure about a $20-25 uber ride each way. Maybe a 15 min drive. Not very far at all. Most of the good nightlife spots are "downtown" Hoboken (closer on the map to the Hoboken PATH station). Check the areas around Newark Ave and 1st Street close to Washington St. If you want any specific bar recommendations, let me know what you like and I can name some
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM

28 posts, read 7,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
your best bet as others have said is to take an Uber into Hoboken Sat night. Bars start getting decent around 10pm. Last call is 230am. Figure about a $20-25 uber ride each way. Maybe a 15 min drive. Not very far at all. Most of the good nightlife spots are "downtown" Hoboken (closer on the map to the Hoboken PATH station). Check the areas around Newark Ave and 1st Street close to Washington St. If you want any specific bar recommendations, let me know what you like and I can name some
Thanks for the info ! We are in our mode 20s we we aren’t into a slow dive bar scene but also not jam packed club with 40
Dollar covers . I guesse somewhere inbetween the two

Old 10-09-2019, 02:04 PM

3,144 posts, read 2,380,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usny9292 View Post
We wanted to stay near the game and not have an expensive Uber . I was under the impression that bar was a place to watch all the games on Sunday .
What gave you that impression? Their website is pretty clear about when they are open.

You can either stay near the stadium or stay near nightlife but you can't have both. That stadium is in the middle of nowhere with no night life around it and no bars around it other than your hotel bar.

Old 10-11-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info ! We are in our mode 20s we we aren’t into a slow dive bar scene but also not jam packed club with 40
Dollar covers . I guesse somewhere inbetween the two
Most bars in downtown Hoboken will not have covers. However, they will get crowded / lines will form after 11pm. if you get there early it will be better. Check out:

The Shannon: gets super packed later, so check it out early, around 10pm. Has a DJ, beer pong in the back early in the night. No cover. Good music.

Ferryman on First: half block from Shannon. Not big for dancing, but they do have a DJ and pretty good music. No cover but pricey beers

Birch: club type place, usually has around a $10 cover. The downstairs area does not get too packed, but the upstairs main dance floor does get crowded. Good music though. Again get there early to avoid lines

Mike's Saloon: next door to Birch. A bit of a different "scene" than the typical Hoboken bar in that this place will play mostly country and rock. Not sure if you like that sort of thing but might be worth a visit

There's tons of bars near the Hoboken PATH station. You can ask the Uber driver to drop you there and you can wander around. In general if you see a long line in front of a bar...it's probably not worth waiting for. Just find another place and wander in. Good luck

Also - most bars will have some moderate dress code (work boots a big no-no, athletic apparel sometimes frowned upon).

Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM

28 posts, read 7,590 times
Thank you , I appreciate your help those all sound good to me . What is the crowd of Hoboken like ? Is it young hipster crowd and is it a rough area ?

Old 10-11-2019, 03:37 PM

5,485 posts, read 13,478,242 times
Quote:
Thank you , I appreciate your help those all sound good to me . What is the crowd of Hoboken like ? Is it young hipster crowd and is it a rough area ?
Hobeytown I would say is and has been more young hips, has not been rough in many decades.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Hoboken skews younger especially near the area I pointed you to. 21-25 college grads. If you can visualize a bunch of frat party "Chads", that's the clientele lol.

If you hate that scene, there's bars uptown as well (around 14th Street), but honestly those are not as fun as downtown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey