U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2019, 07:29 AM

9 posts, read 5,065 times

Advertisements

was involved in a gsp a few days ago. not my fault, someone hit multiple cars from behind. i am not physical injured. still waiting for the police report. this is my 1st car accident. what is going to happen? my car is in the towing facility (not drivable). i filed a claim with my insurance. do i need a lawyer if i am not injured? an ambulance took the driver that hitting cars away. just to get some idea what will happen in a situation like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2019, 09:10 AM

1,597 posts, read 999,304 times
If you’ve filed a claim with your insurance that’s all you need to do. They will follow up with next steps. Glad to hear you weren’t injured.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:35 AM

4,354 posts, read 9,507,616 times
Your next step will be to pick up the police report and submit it to your insurance company. If the accident occurred on the GSP you'll likely need to go to the state police barracks to pick up the report. Your insurance company will do the rest. If you want to speed things up you can look at the police report and find out the insurance company of the person that caused the accident. You can then contact them directly to file your claim. I did this when I had an accident and I was paid out in just a few days.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:21 AM

9 posts, read 5,065 times
good to know. when googling "car accident in NJ", mostly lawyer websites show up and most of them tell you your insurance company is not your best friend after the accident and should lawyer up no matter how light/serious the accident is.

Old 10-13-2019, 12:39 PM

4,095 posts, read 9,196,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersupersuper View Post
good to know. when googling "car accident in NJ", mostly lawyer websites show up and most of them tell you your insurance company is not your best friend after the accident and should lawyer up no matter how light/serious the accident is.
Its unnecessary to get a lawyer. The at fault drivers insurance company will likely hook you up with a rental car and fix your vehicle. If you were injured or get shorted in some way, that is when you might consider a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or