U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 10:11 PM

105 posts, read 35,195 times

Advertisements

The thought of city subforums reminds me of a certain site that was shut down. The name of it now escapes me. It DID have city specific subforums. I enjoyed reading some of the "truth" that was shared since I knew or knew of those in question. It could get gossipy though which is a bit much to tolerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 08:37 AM

14,834 posts, read 17,890,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
If City Data adds NJ sub forums, they should be based on popular topics and not geography.

Traffic Kvetch Korner
A place to complain about your fellow drivers, and explain why you are the best driver since the Model T, and everyone else is a big fat stupid idiot. Give your BS scientific expert advice on how to drive correctly to solve the problem forever.

Weather Worries
Al Roker is a moron! Milk, bread & eggs! Stronger Than the Storm™! This snow sucks, I cant' wait to move to Florida! LOL, you call this snow??!! This is nothing, you snowflakes! OMG it's so hot, I can't wait to move to Colorado! You call this hot??! In Georgia, we call this "Spring".

Foodie Chat and Nosh Goss
This is where our hungry cake holes jabber and drool excitedly about new grocery store openings and restaurant openings, and who has the best pizza and bagels and deli and Thai food.

NJPPC (New Jersey Political Pissing Contest)
Self explanatory.

Governor Roast
Do you have a clever burn about Christie's FUPA or Murphy's monster leprechaun teeth? Showcase them here! This is where you workshop those jokes.

Jersey Haterz Ball and Expat Canteen
A festive gathering for all the most flamboyant Jersey-hating pimps to talk their most exquisite trash talk about the Garden State. Please give long dramatic soliloquies about why your current state (or the state you plan on rage-moving to) is sooooo much better.

Troll Theater
Do you have multiple puppet accounts? Do you like to stir the pot? Or talk incessantly about Blue Laws? Or be secretly/anonymously racist? This is the place for you! Post your inconceivably dumb/nonsensical/racist questions and rants/raves here and sit back in your wooden swivel chair, in the ominous shadow of a single naked light bulb hanging from the ceiling, lace your fingers behind your head, and laugh maniacally like a cartoon villain, as you get all the peanut gallery a tittering.

Dear Marc Paolella
Where has this guy been? I haven't seen him around lately. Maybe we should give him his own column to entice him back. If you want to get unsolicited marriage/divorce and child rearing advice from an unmarried, childless real estate agent, post here. He will also probably give you religious/spiritual counsel, and medical advice.

CaptainNJ Corner
This is where you go to pointlessly argue in circles with CaptainNJ about his Libertarianism.
Docendo discimus's posts are always well-written, and frequently humorous, but she has truly outdone herself!
Five stars!

Old 10-20-2019, 09:52 AM

26,119 posts, read 24,891,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Just going back to reading OP’s post...”statewide sauce” sounds delicious.
I wonder if it's available at ShopRite.

Last edited by Gerania; 10-20-2019 at 10:15 AM..

Old 10-20-2019, 10:04 AM

26,119 posts, read 24,891,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
A few years ago, I had a chance encounter with a former co-worker whom I hadn't seen for a long time, and this formerly-overweight woman had lost so much weight that my first thought was... OMG... She must have cancer!

Obviously, there is no polite way to begin that type of discussion, but during our conversation she mentioned that she had visited her daughter--in China--a few months earlier, and she had picked-up some really nasty intestinal parasites as a result of the extremely poor sanitary conditions in that country. Eventually, her US doctors were able to cure her, but her frequent diarrhea for several weeks caused her to lose about 70 lbs.
I know someone who had that problem. She was an Army medic and dined at a local establishment while deployed. It took many months to eradicate the beasties.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:17 AM

4,354 posts, read 9,507,616 times
Quote:
Docendo discimus's posts are always well-written, and frequently humorous, but she has truly outdone herself!
Five stars!
Yes, I literally laughed out loud at that post. There is one more I would add to the list: the "Where should I live post". You know how that goes: I have a 250K budget and I'm looking for a house with a 30 minute door to door commute to NYC, walkable downtown, and excellent schools. This is usually met with responses like "You're 50 years too late"

Old 10-20-2019, 11:25 AM

4,812 posts, read 3,285,942 times
I think we need an nj transit subforum

Old 10-20-2019, 12:02 PM

58,470 posts, read 56,416,081 times
Quote:
Five stars!
Yes, well done, and I assumed Dd was male. Not sure why.

Old 10-20-2019, 01:09 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,377,372 times
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Docendo discimus again."

UNFAIR!

Old 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM

832 posts, read 709,377 times
Classic example of what is wrong with OP’s question...

OP asks why don’t JC, Newark, and Hoboken have their own sub forums?

Someone posts about relocation. They are working in NYC and don’t know anything about NJ but have decided they want to live in NJ. Well...Newark, JC, and Hoboken are all viable options depending on the person’s needs, so would they really have to post the same question in all three sub forums? It’s much more efficient to just have one.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:09 AM

191 posts, read 64,553 times
No need for location subforums but the topic ones suggested above are spot-on! Might I also suggest a "Counting with Potanta" subforum where we can keep track of the victims mowed down by his driving, the number of creeps who stare at him as he does 25 point K-turns pulling out of his spot at the Livingston Mall where millennials are forced to work as indentured servants and the number of baseless statements about young New Jerseyans while whining about the cost of living here and how he can't wait to graduate and move west? It would make a great drinking game, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey