U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 03:08 PM

2,817 posts, read 5,417,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Classic example of what is wrong with OP’s question...

OP asks why don’t JC, Newark, and Hoboken have their own sub forums?

Someone posts about relocation. They are working in NYC and don’t know anything about NJ but have decided they want to live in NJ. Well...Newark, JC, and Hoboken are all viable options depending on the person’s needs, so would they really have to post the same question in all three sub forums? It’s much more efficient to just have one.
I find that the best city/region specific forums regarding NJ just aren't on city-data. I'm on a couple of fairly large sites with forums that talk specifically about NJ development (I won't name them since I'm not clear on the site rules here, but they're not hard to find). They're average as far as traffic. It's city development oriented. But there are other topics like you mention (re-location/personal needs) discussed at length.

City-data is very very broad as far as topics go. Maybe just a different forum culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 09:27 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,582,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboom View Post
The thought of city subforums reminds me of a certain site that was shut down. The name of it now escapes me. It DID have city specific subforums. I enjoyed reading some of the "truth" that was shared since I knew or knew of those in question. It could get gossipy though which is a bit much to tolerate.
You mean nj.com/forums/?

wonder who took it down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey