U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2019, 02:01 PM

1,095 posts, read 488,980 times

Advertisements

I go to the strip mall development in Florham Park every work day, because I have to pick up mail from the PO boxes and once every other week, I go to the kings to buy milk for the coffee at work.

So of course the Florham Park strip mall development is poorly design on both sides (reminds of the driving in Greece). It is poorly designed especially for a place with a lot of handicapped people and crazy old people who can't drive. I always avoid that place is possible, because of that and plus I hate having to see people from high school who will remember me.

I came out of Kings, and two cars on two opposite back into each other back to back and suddenly I heard a honk that lasted for two seconds when I saw a one of them get out of their car. Of course, I walked slowly and stared at it, while they were probably suffering in embarrassment. These two girls fundraising outside the Kings stared and witnessed it all and they laughed it.

Yup, this is why I don't do the traditional head in parking. I'm the smart one who gets an extra walk and parks head out for my own safety. Don't embarrass yourself and cause accidents. I don't get why people love parking too close or head in all the time, especially in Florham Park where the strip mall development is poorly designed. I always see people blowing through the stop signs there near the McDonald's where I very little time to react.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 12:26 PM

22,691 posts, read 17,521,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I go to the strip mall development in Florham Park every work day, because I have to pick up mail from the PO boxes and once every other week, I go to the kings to buy milk for the coffee at work.

So of course the Florham Park strip mall development is poorly design on both sides (reminds of the driving in Greece). It is poorly designed especially for a place with a lot of handicapped people and crazy old people who can't drive. I always avoid that place is possible, because of that and plus I hate having to see people from high school who will remember me.

I came out of Kings, and two cars on two opposite back into each other back to back and suddenly I heard a honk that lasted for two seconds when I saw a one of them get out of their car. Of course, I walked slowly and stared at it, while they were probably suffering in embarrassment. These two girls fundraising outside the Kings stared and witnessed it all and they laughed it.

Yup, this is why I don't do the traditional head in parking. I'm the smart one who gets an extra walk and parks head out for my own safety. Don't embarrass yourself and cause accidents. I don't get why people love parking too close or head in all the time, especially in Florham Park where the strip mall development is poorly designed. I always see people blowing through the stop signs there near the McDonald's where I very little time to react.
In that setting it makes sense. Often in more crowded stores when lines of traffic are constantly coming and going down the aisles, like Shoprite, Whole Foods, Walmart, you have to hold up a lot of people to take the time and space to back in especially in a tighter space lot. Really only one of those cars was in the wrong though and maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. I once had an elderly lady back up into me in a grocery store lot. She never heard me honk and after she backed into me she drive forward and left, never even realizing she hit me. I was young and in a $600 beater then but I remember just shaking my head and marveling that she was still allowed to drive.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:45 PM

1,095 posts, read 488,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
In that setting it makes sense. Often in more crowded stores when lines of traffic are constantly coming and going down the aisles, like Shoprite, Whole Foods, Walmart, you have to hold up a lot of people to take the time and space to back in especially in a tighter space lot. Really only one of those cars was in the wrong though and maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. I once had an elderly lady back up into me in a grocery store lot. She never heard me honk and after she backed into me she drive forward and left, never even realizing she hit me. I was young and in a $600 beater then but I remember just shaking my head and marveling that she was still allowed to drive.
I was just like the old lady you mentioned on the day after my 18th birthday. On the day after my 18th, birthday, it has been 1 year + 1 day of driving and I was grabbing some Dunkin' Donuts and it was not a crowded parking lot. I was stupid and parked in one of the closest spots (which my dad always taught me not to do) and I parked head in (which I always avoid doing now) and when I was backing out I was stupid and swung the steering wheel to my right instead of pulling straight out of the spot, so I ended up scratching the car to my left. I did not realize I scratched the car and heard no noise. Luckily, I did not commit a hit and run, because a woman was sitting in the back seat taking care of their child, so she opened the back door, made a stop signal with her hands for me to stop. I rolled my windows down and was shocked to hear that I scratched their car. She got her husband out and the husband said it was his mother's car and that he will ask his mother what to do. They never got back to me, so I basically didn't have to pay for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or