U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 08:24 AM

1,766 posts, read 2,232,335 times

Advertisements

I don't know why people worrying about $3 for 3 hours parking fees. It's like that's what everyone is concentrate on. If you can't afford few dollars for parking, I don't think the Mall wants you anyways. They are concentrate on people who's got cash to burn. Hermes, Saks Fifth Ave, it's not your everyday Walmart malls.

The place will be premium, they did a studying that medium household income within 50 miles radius is over $150k. I do think this place will be a success once everything opens.

We went on Sunday, very crowded, 15 minute walking from parking to entrance is not what we experienced. It took about 2 minutes walking. It's similar to Garden state mall, but 3 times larger.

Last edited by bbnetworking; 10-29-2019 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 09:34 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,000,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherewhatwho View Post
News comes out about the true cost of visiting the amusement park portion: https://www.nj.com/bergen/2019/10/ni...-up-a-lot.html

"The price for All Access — recommended for individuals over 48 inches who want to ride the most thrilling rides — will be $79.99. General access for individuals under 48 inches or who will skip the most thrilling rides will be $59.99.

That’s a $30 jump from the current rates of $49.99 for All Access and $39.99 for General Access. But the admissions now are sold for specific blocks of time, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. "

Typical NYC area price gouging that is over 2x the cost of similar amusements at other locations the developer owns.

"And at Triple Five’s other mega mall, the Mall of America, tickets for Nickelodeon Universe there cost $36.99 for an all-day pass."

Crazy. Let's see what happens to parking prices as more of the mall opens in the next 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised if that shoots up as well.

Still cheaper than the $400 for a stay at Great Wolf Lodge and Kalahari Resort. Plus just 15 mins from home

Old 10-29-2019, 10:30 AM

118 posts, read 77,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Still cheaper than the $400 for a stay at Great Wolf Lodge and Kalahari Resort. Plus just 15 mins from home
The success or failure of this American Dream facility will come down to one thing only I think: Prices. If they don't overprice people then it can do well. That simple.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 AM

13,779 posts, read 9,284,325 times
I don't mind paying for parking if it's easy to pay without the usual bottleneck caused by lack of paying machines. I don't think they will solve that problem since the parking relies on gates and that will cause big traffic jams once they get more visitors.

A lot of NJ folks pay cash which is itself a slow method of paying. Without a faster way to exit, it will cause major jams getting out.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:59 AM

308 posts, read 548,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I don't mind paying for parking if it's easy to pay without the usual bottleneck caused by lack of paying machines. I don't think they will solve that problem since the parking relies on gates and that will cause big traffic jams once they get more visitors.

A lot of NJ folks pay cash which is itself a slow method of paying. Without a faster way to exit, it will cause major jams getting out.
This is more my concern than the actual cost, especially if it is only $3. The original poster mentioned that there weren't many exits and that it is expected to back up.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:02 AM

14,839 posts, read 17,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post
It annoys me that there is a cost to park. Most malls don't have this.
Yes, but most malls are not likely to be used by folks commuting by mass transit.
The Newport Mall in Jersey City charges for parking because it is adjacent to a PATH station, and the likely reason for the parking fee at American Dream is its proximity to NJ Transit. The fees actually aren't that bad until you go past 8 hours, and I think it is obvious that this is done as a deterrent to commuter parking.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:17 AM

24,871 posts, read 30,984,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The success or failure of this American Dream facility will come down to one thing only I think: Prices. If they don't overprice people then it can do well. That simple.
yeah, it will be packed im sure.

but i wont be going unless they overprice it.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:35 AM

117 posts, read 182,288 times
can't you just pay at the gate with a credit card instead of using the pay kiosks? (similar to how newport mall operates)

Old 10-29-2019, 11:54 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,000,011 times
I’ve always paid at the kiosks at Newport mall. Didn’t know paying at the gate was an option.

Old 10-29-2019, 02:26 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,041,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Very true. I somewhat recently relocated from northern NJ to westchester NY (unfortunately), but the one thing they do really well here is the way they charge for public parking. All the White Plains public lots, including malls, train station, etc, do not use gates. The parking spaces all have numbers and you can pay in the white plains app, or at kiosks near the entrances (that you use when you are OUTSIDE your car).

So there is never any traffic getting in or out.

It does rely on a human to give out parking tickets, which is a tad inefficient, but their computers and cameras all but automate that too. I never see the human walking around, but if your meter runs over by 10 mins or more, the ticket is waiting for you when you get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or