U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 11:01 PM

13,779 posts, read 9,287,919 times

Advertisements

The place was massive, here's my take on the experience so far. It feels like going to Dallas or Chicago Airport. You have to drive around through multiple loops to get to the parking garage. With the amount of clueless drivers that's not a good thing, it will definitely cause major traffic headaches. The lane markers are not done correctly, hopefully they can fix that, you don't really know where to turn and no signs for which entrance until you see workers directing you. Minor gripe.

Once you're parked, they have non-working parking gates. They have pay meters by the entrance so I assume that's where you pay to get out. There's only a few at each entrance, that's gonna be a major problem. I dislike pay meters such as the one in Newport Mall, often a line just for people to pay and another line backing up traffic to exit for people who forgot to pay or too lazy to do so.

Once you get in, there's a long corridor to get to the shops which are boarded up and empty atm. So basically you're treated to window after window of shops before you reach the Nickelodeon theme park. It takes a good 10-15mins to walk from the entrance to the park.

Inside, I can only count maybe 3-4 rides that are suitable for adults the rest are for small children like 12 yrs or younger. There are like 20-30 rides and they're all geared for children.

In terms of size, it feels like the Garden State Plaza Mall + Theme Park attached. It is big and spacious, it's a long walk to get in and out of the mall. I'm not sure a lot of folks can do that. There are no stair cases, no elevators inside the shopping area so it requires a lot of walking.

We'll see how the mall shapes up next year since there's nothing to do right now except the rides and the indoor ice rink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 07:14 AM

17,489 posts, read 12,196,586 times
Flood plain and swamp and wildlife more valuable than another mall.

So much for human caused global warming.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Flood plain and swamp and wildlife more valuable than another mall.

So much for human caused global warming.
This is why all the fluff talk by politicians with inaction does wonders for our world.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:08 AM

232 posts, read 166,131 times
I hope next big storm whole mall go underwater and that's gonna be end of dream

Old 10-28-2019, 09:14 AM

117 posts, read 182,420 times
I'm looking forward to this as an entertainment destination. The Nick theme park doesn't sound up my alley, but the ski slope and water park should be fun

Old 10-28-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
I'm looking forward to this as an entertainment destination. The Nick theme park doesn't sound up my alley, but the ski slope and water park should be fun
Yea, the water park looks very nice. Much bigger than other nearby indoor water park without having to travel further. I saw the water park area and it is still being worked on but it has water running inside already. Definitely better looking than Hurricane Harbor.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:04 PM

4,359 posts, read 9,513,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Yea, the water park looks very nice. Much bigger than other nearby indoor water park without having to travel further. I saw the water park area and it is still being worked on but it has water running inside already. Definitely better looking than Hurricane Harbor.
I'm looking forward to the water park too. My kids will love it. Although I can't stand the whole Meadowlands area to begin with, so I don't think we'll be making frequent visits. The indoor water parks in PA are ridiculously expensive and require an overnight stay so we never go to those.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:31 PM

898 posts, read 611,331 times
Thanks for the report.

Old 10-28-2019, 02:39 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,061,425 times
This place sounds like a nightmare. I think I'd rather go to jury duty.

And LOL that all retail will be closed on Sundays.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
This place sounds like a nightmare. I think I'd rather go to jury duty.

And LOL that all retail will be closed on Sundays.
The theme park will be opened but it's kind of stupid that retail has to close but theme park is open which still employs people and must have food service. This is why the Blue Law must be repealed just an outdated and backwards law that have not follow the times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or