U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:05 PM

1,095 posts, read 488,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I have never noticed it with American born Americans of any age. Certain immigrant groups seem to have no regard for personal space.
It's not just immigrant groups. I noticed that regular Americanized whites are like this too and these are the people I am mainly referring to in my thread.

Last edited by potanta; 11-01-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 01:16 PM

58,494 posts, read 56,429,635 times
Maybe they like the way you smell.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:02 PM

231 posts, read 165,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
It's not just immigrant groups. I noticed that regular Americanized whites are like this too and these are the people I am mainly referring to in my thread.
Just move out form nj already lol

Old 11-02-2019, 07:36 AM

300 posts, read 54,201 times
Quote:
I shop frequently at places like Ulta and Harmon's (attracts a lot of Boomers and older people) and it bothers be when people who look 40 and older do not respect my personal space when it is my turn at the cash register. By common sense, when I am on deck in line, I stand before the row of cash registers begin.

I noticed that these people stand close to me a lot and it is especially when I am making returns. Yet, they are the ones who have the Karen haircut and act like Karens when they make the returns. I hate when they stand so close to me when it is the store's fault for taking too long to do a return. I went to Harmon's today trying to do a return and they were taking too long to do it (the cashier eventually called another cashier to open up) and this old man was standing close to me rather than before the row of cash registers. I just don't get why people who look 40 have to do this. It's rude and it's like you are reading over my shoulder. Stores need to act like DMVs, place a yellow line on the floor where "customers must wait behind the yellow line".

Is this a Jersey thing or a generational thing? Or is it because I am Indian where people stereotype us as cheap?
Ok are you kidding??? So you think white people do this? Hun I'm here to shut that s#!t down right now! I'm white, female, 30s and I ABSOLUTELY HATE when people stand so close behind me in line. So I find it hilarious op that you are blaming white people for doing this to you!! Totally racist and narrow minded. Sick.
Take your racist self somewhere else.
I turn around and give those people a dirty look.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:41 AM

300 posts, read 54,201 times
Quote:
Racist trash

Old 11-03-2019, 08:29 PM

15,718 posts, read 5,621,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
Racist trash
..........stick around , he gets worse.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:47 PM

23 posts, read 6,019 times
It's weird that you say this happens to you with "older" people, I notice this more with teenagers and twenty something ordering at a coffee shop. They don't understand that the person who is actually ordering should be the only person in that area, the rest of the people on line, stay back, online, like at Marshalls. Yes, I said Marshalls.

Older (70s+) people on the other hand usually have a hard time getting out of the way because they are sometimes not as fast at the register. With that being said, older people might also be lonelier and they don't mind a legit 5 minute conversation if they are waiting to be rung up at the supermarket. Some people actually enjoy a little interaction, not everyone is a miserable F in a huge rush. Most likely we all have days where we might feel like being as quick as possible because you are having a crap day or in a huge rush, but that shouldn't be the accepted norm.

If you really see a trend of "older" 40 something all up in your business maybe it's you. Maybe you are reading into something that isn't there. The reason for people acting the way they do in public isn't about you. Where is this happening and how close are they standing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or