U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 12:13 PM

9 posts, read 5,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I dunno. It's just north of the river. If you look at the menu Captain posted they list their address as Red Bank at the bottom.
It’s located in Middletown, but that area is serviced by the Red Bank post office.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2021, 12:55 PM

4,464 posts, read 1,672,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk302 View Post
It’s located in Middletown, but that area is serviced by the Red Bank post office.
Whatever. I'm going by the address they print on their menu.

Old 01-18-2021, 03:12 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,887,413 times
Well, some good news on the "Best Restaurant" front...

Cafe Panache (Ramsey), which has consistently been found on many of the NJ's Best Restaurant and certainly on any Bergen County and Northern NJ list, and which has been a top restaurant for 30 years -- will remain open and will re-open after the death of Owner/Head Chef Kevin Kohler. For any real foodies out there, Kohler is a legend in the NJ dining scene, and was a brilliant chef!

https://www.northjersey.com/story/en...er/4202897001/

Old 01-18-2021, 04:44 PM

67,462 posts, read 62,976,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk302 View Post
Yeah, I've lived in that situation twice. Right now I have an Eatontown zip code, but my town doesn't even border Eatontown. They take care of our mail, though, as well as part of Tinton Falls'. If I put my zip code into a computer form, it comes up Eatontown, and I've had it questioned from time to time when I said where I actually lived.

When I lived in West Paterson, we had a Little Falls zip code. West Paterson had a post office, but it was called the Little Falls West Paterson branch.

I went by where it was on the map. It's definitely in Middletown, but as long you can get there, who cares what town it's in!

Old 01-18-2021, 04:55 PM

67,462 posts, read 62,976,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
Well, some good news on the "Best Restaurant" front...

Cafe Panache (Ramsey), which has consistently been found on many of the NJ's Best Restaurant and certainly on any Bergen County and Northern NJ list, and which has been a top restaurant for 30 years -- will remain open and will re-open after the death of Owner/Head Chef Kevin Kohler. For any real foodies out there, Kohler is a legend in the NJ dining scene, and was a brilliant chef!

https://www.northjersey.com/story/en...er/4202897001/
Nice. I know of the place, but unfortunately never got to dine there.

There are so many good restaurants I've wished I could try but had no one to go with. No, I'm not above dining out alone, but with a nicer place it's really something you want to share with another person. Maybe in the next life.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:28 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,887,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nice. I know of the place, but unfortunately never got to dine there.

There are so many good restaurants I've wished I could try but had no one to go with. No, I'm not above dining out alone, but with a nicer place it's really something you want to share with another person. Maybe in the next life.
Cafe Panache has been one of the best restaurants in Northern NJ, and throughout the state, for many years. It's amazing that Kevin Kohler, the Chef/Owner, has been on top for around 30 years! He was a brilliant chef, and was credited with inventing the phrase, and the "farm to table" movement, even before the phrase was coined. A truly amazing chef, who delivered tastes, flavors, and French "flair" on wonderful dishes and Americana type food. I hear what you are saying about eating alone, going with someone, etc. -- and while I've had the same thing for many years, I made a conscious effort to find a few, just a few, LOL, friends who are foodies, appreciate good food, experience, etc. -- and those are the few people I go out with. My friend once told me, make the effort, try, try again, and then keep trying...in the end, it will be worth it...and it has been! LOL. All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey