Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 03:17 PM

9 posts, read 8,177 times

Advertisements

Hello. I promised my kids we would see the ocean this year. We live in thet midwest region. I was thinking maybe we should visit NJ. What places would be classified as family friendly, clean, safe etc? Iwould prefer something of the beaten path. We would be traveling in June. Thanks

Last edited by Pearlsdaughter85; 02-09-2020 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2020, 03:32 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Bayhead is low key with some nice Victorian hotels.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:53 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,630,083 times
Have you considered Florida or the Caribbean? The water is pretty cold in June in NJ, if that’s a factor for you.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:05 PM

9 posts, read 8,177 times
@foodyum thank you. I will look into that.

@HudsonCoNJ Florida is such a long drive for us. But I will definitely keep water temperature in mind. We are considering all the costal states.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:51 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlsdaughter85 View Post
Hello. I promised my kids we would see the ocean this year. We live in thet midwest region. I was thinking maybe we should visit NJ. What places would be classified as family friendly, clean, safe etc? Iwould prefer something of the beaten path. We would be traveling in June. Thanks
SpringLake ,Sea Girt or Manasquan.

Old 02-09-2020, 11:02 PM

356 posts, read 284,261 times
as mentioned the water will be cold. and if that isn't a deterrent i need to ask, why new jersey? i may catch a lot of shade for this next comment but why not head to rhode island or massachusetts instead? they are much more scenic imo.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:05 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
as mentioned the water will be cold. and if that isn't a deterrent i need to ask, why new jersey? i may catch a lot of shade for this next comment but why not head to rhode island or massachusetts instead? they are much more scenic imo.
Because the water is colder up there in June?

My son and I went to the New Jersey Shore for the weekend a couple of years ago and the water temperature was very warm for June. It's been a very mild winter in the Mid-Atlantic, so it might be OK.

Every path in New Jersey has been beaten to near death, so I'll suggest Seaside Park, Holgate on Long Beach Island, and Strathmere. They're very quiet areas.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:42 AM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Water is only warm in NJ from Mid July thru end of September.

Ocean City, Wildwood, Long Beach Island, Cape May

Old 02-10-2020, 08:58 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlsdaughter85 View Post
Ocean City (NJ not Maryland) is billed as “America’s Greatest Family Resort”. No booze, lots of corny family fun, no huge rides but two amusement piers. More geared to younger kids but it’s safe enough to let teens walk around alone. This is extreme south Jersey, Cape May County. Good for day trips to Cape May, and Wildwood if you have older kids that want big rides. June is usually cold water, too cold for me anyway but kids don’t seem to care.

Welcome to Ocean City New Jersey, America's Greatest Family Resort

Old 02-10-2020, 10:39 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Because the water is colder up there in June?

My son and I went to the New Jersey Shore for the weekend a couple of years ago and the water temperature was very warm for June. It's been a very mild winter in the Mid-Atlantic, so it might be OK.

Every path in New Jersey has been beaten to near death
, so I'll suggest Seaside Park, Holgate on Long Beach Island, and Strathmere. They're very quiet areas.
Was going to say something similar, but you said it better. There is no "off the beaten path" when it comes to the Jersey shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey