U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 08:07 AM

16,647 posts, read 6,589,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
the one in Springfield NJ closed after its grand re-openning less than 2 years ago
.............don't think so

It's a franchise , evidently there are a few in Springfield and the surrounding towns .

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...ingfield%2C+NJ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 09:17 AM

4,864 posts, read 10,251,995 times
It looks like all of the Jimmy John's in north Jersey have closed. The one by me was replaced by Jersey Mike's.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:46 PM

878 posts, read 2,565,419 times
Ironically, I just went to JM’s today, they opened a shop this week in Lincroft. I thought it was good. There is a place called “The Cracked Olive” in Holmdel that is very good, on par with Livoti’s IMO.

Another place I would like to try is “The Pastrami House” also in Lincroft. Someone recommend the “Disco Fries” .

Old 02-23-2020, 08:10 PM

1,699 posts, read 3,083,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
Outside of NJ, Jersey Mike’s is often a godsend.
The two locally-owned sub shops I frequent here in MD are better than Jersey Mike's and the other chains. But I do know someone who likes JM.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
The two locally-owned sub shops I frequent here in MD are better than Jersey Mike's and the other chains. But I do know someone who likes JM.
Place by me called Nick's or Nicks of Clinton. Make excellent subs I was under the understanding we were talking national chains?

Old 02-24-2020, 05:45 PM

1,699 posts, read 3,083,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Place by me called Nick's or Nicks of Clinton. Make excellent subs I was under the understanding we were talking national chains?
The two local sub shops I go to near me are Dumm's Pizza in Riverdale Park and Generous Joe's Deli in Greenbelt. Marathon Deli in College Park is an institution. Jersey Mike's used to be in College Park in the late 1980s/early 1990s, but it closed. Loved the meatball sub and surprised the NJ students at UMD didn't support it.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
The two local sub shops I go to near me are Dumm's Pizza in Riverdale Park and Generous Joe's Deli in Greenbelt. Marathon Deli in College Park is an institution. Jersey Mike's used to be in College Park in the late 1980s/early 1990s, but it closed. Loved the meatball sub and surprised the NJ students at UMD didn't support it.
Not sure it was the same company. Mike's didn't start to Franchise till 1986 and even then most were in NJ and PA a few in DeL if it was the "franchise" screwed it up .

Old 02-25-2020, 07:43 AM

27,788 posts, read 32,983,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Ironically, I just went to JM’s today, they opened a shop this week in Lincroft. I thought it was good. There is a place called “The Cracked Olive” in Holmdel that is very good, on par with Livoti’s IMO.

Another place I would like to try is “The Pastrami House” also in Lincroft. Someone recommend the “Disco Fries” .
let me know how you like pastrami house. i used to go to queso a couple of times a month because my daughter had dance class in the next shopping center. suddenly one day i saw that pastrami house showed up. i considered going there but the pictures i saw online werent so nice and i like a nice place to relax for a few minutes. i do love a nice corned beef on rye with spicy brown mustard.

queso is very mediocre, id put it below chipotle. nice place though for a fast food restaurant.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:54 AM

64,704 posts, read 61,021,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
let me know how you like pastrami house. i used to go to queso a couple of times a month because my daughter had dance class in the next shopping center. suddenly one day i saw that pastrami house showed up. i considered going there but the pictures i saw online werent so nice and i like a nice place to relax for a few minutes. i do love a nice corned beef on rye with spicy brown mustard.

queso is very mediocre, id put it below chipotle. nice place though for a fast food restaurant.
You can get a good pastrami sandwich at Richard's in Long Branch. Just FYI.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/richards-deli-west-end

Old 02-25-2020, 08:49 AM

27,788 posts, read 32,983,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You can get a good pastrami sandwich at Richard's in Long Branch. Just FYI.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/richards-deli-west-end
thanks. i dont even know where to go these days for that type of food. the one by my office in brooklyn closed which seemed crazy. there was jerry and harveys in marlboro which i just looked up and seems to have finally closed. even before the delis i went to in childhood started closing in our area they were all getting old and not keeping up with the places. i dont really like to drive out to a place like harold's which is super busy and has the gimmick where they give you gigantic sandwiches that you have to divide up between multiple people.

my wife doesnt have the same appreciation for that food (she was raised in puerto rico where a joo is a novelty) so maybe i can pop in with my brother one day. i dont really like to do stuff that makes me a stereotypical joo but i do love my deli sandwich. i once catered my first daughters 1st birthday party from a deli (i think fred and murrays) and my mother in law (puerto rican) didnt love it and though i cheaped out. i told my wife that i paid a lot of money for that stuff and all the joos in my family were very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or