U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 06:59 PM

81,680 posts, read 75,117,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I bought a highlighting kit (paid too much on EBay as everyone is buying them) and foils and was going to have my fiancé help me try it. But I called my salon owner in response to a Facebook post to get put on the “Call me the second you re-open” list, and she ended by saying “We are asking everyone to please not try to cut or color your hair”. She said I should get root spray (doesn’t work on dark roots) and only cut my bangs, and only if I absolutely have to. So I’m trying to be good and wait.

My hair is very fine and thin, without color and frequent cuts it is flat as a pancake.
My salon will send home color kits and if you buy one, give one free to a health care worker, but I decided to wait. I also got it cut on March, but I don't care if it grows. My hair grows fast and is thick and somewhat unruly.

I always had aspirations to be a old-hippie-looking woman with long grey hair, so maybe this is the beginning of it.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:26 PM

6,130 posts, read 2,951,197 times
Miss Clairol. Natural Instincts. Which I actually did this week in the kitchen sink with cold water because my hot water heater flaked and I was desperate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 09:05 AM

43,961 posts, read 29,759,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My salon will send home color kits and if you buy one, give one free to a health care worker, but I decided to wait. I also got it cut on March, but I don't care if it grows. My hair grows fast and is thick and somewhat unruly.

I always had aspirations to be a old-hippie-looking woman with long grey hair, so maybe this is the beginning of it.
Get some RIT dye and some rubber bands, you have plenty of time to tie dye some outfits to go along with it, lol.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 AM

48 posts, read 23,416 times
An epidemiologist says what many of us are thinking: it's just the flu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Q4...ature=emb_logo

Old 05-02-2020, 09:52 AM

Default What Beaches are Open Now (or not)

Comprehensive list. Some beaches are open for "residents only," like Spring Lake which is closest to me. So does that mean I can park on a side street and walk over?

https://www.nj.com/atlantic/2020/05/...of-spring.html

Old 05-02-2020, 10:07 AM

18,270 posts, read 23,049,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
So does that mean I can park on a side street and walk over?
Maybe yes, maybe no.
I recall reading that some Mayors were planning on banning parking for non-residents in order to limit the possible overcrowding effect on the beach/boardwalk. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate that article, so I don't know what you might find in Spring Lake.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Maybe yes, maybe no.
I recall reading that some Mayors were planning on banning parking for non-residents in order to limit the possible overcrowding effect on the beach/boardwalk. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate that article, so I don't know what you might find in Spring Lake.
Right. There are others that are actually open like Long Branch, so several to pick from. I hope the powers that be will allow this. Came from the NJGov Twitter feed today .

Last edited by Hannah5555; 04-24-2021 at 10:17 AM..

Old 05-02-2020, 11:14 AM

Default Drive thru Farmer's Market - Collingswood

FWIW

Collingswood Farmers' Market

Old 05-02-2020, 11:23 AM

81,680 posts, read 75,117,221 times
It was wonderful to walk in the woods at the park again today. I was there at 7:05.

Old 05-02-2020, 11:56 AM

4,024 posts, read 4,616,084 times
Quote:
Last night, the New Jersey State Police joined emergency personnel from across the state at MetLife Stadium to send off a wave of 100 EMS units that served New Jersey for the past two weeks.
Coordinated by the NJ EMS Task Force, the send off was an opportunity for NJ first responders to thank the men and women who traveled from across the country to help with the surplus of emergency calls.

If they're being told to leave, I take it that's a sign that we aren't going to have a second wave...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey