Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2006, 03:15 PM

6 posts, read 49,674 times

Advertisements

I will be moving from CT to a job in Eatontown and wanted to know more about Middletown. How are the schools, is it a safe town, etc? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 05:15 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,084,252 times
Here's a link to an article about Middletown that might give you some assurance. I've been there (although it's been a few years); seems perfectly safe to me.

http://www.middletownnj.org/index.asp?Type=B_PR&SEC={C3F5D790-4C4A-4CB7-BE80-1A1FCC91D0E4}&DE={43D6F989-A90F-4665-B841-44C879AA7077}

Old 12-26-2006, 10:04 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,265 times
Hi, Kartharby. I live in the town next to Middletown. Middletown is huge, and is nice overall. It has many sections that comprise it including Lincroft, Port Monmouth, Belford, Leonardo (my mind is blank on some of the other sections at this moment). It is a very large school district with two high schools, Middletown North and South.

There is a wide mix of income levels, where you have homes that are extremely wealthy on the one end. The schools are fine from what I understand from the people who have either gone to the schools or have kids in the school system. (They had a lot of issues with teachers striking the last few years, but I haven't seen anything in the paper about it lately).

Middletown is very spread out, it borders Hazlet, Holmdel, and it borders Red Bank and Little Silver also.

It has many parks (some part of the Monmouth County Park System) such as Thompson Park, Tatum Park, Nut Swamp Park, to name a few. All very nice.

The private HS, CBA, is in Lincroft, as is Brookdale Community College.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it's just so spread out. And so much comprises Middletown.

Hope this helps a bit.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:02 PM

6 posts, read 49,674 times
thanks for the information!!!!

Old 12-28-2006, 12:53 AM

70 posts, read 380,659 times
Default AT&T Headquarter is at Middletown

AT&T Headquarter is at Middletown before merge with SBC, and it got thousands of employees there. I went over there for job interview and got the offer, but AT&T would only pay $65 an hour, so I have to say sorry to them ...

While I went to interview, the owner of the consulting firm had a party at his multi million dollar house and I was invited, so my overall impression on Middletown is big company like AT&T and multi million dollar house like Bill Anderson's mention...

Old 12-29-2006, 06:27 PM

12 posts, read 62,497 times
Default some sections and schools better than others

Middletown is a HUGE township, a great percentage of which work in NYC. Evidenced by the largest number of 9/11 victims by a single town.

I lived in Middletown and went to school there. I also am looking to buy since there is a good value in relation to some of the neighboring areas, I just have to convince my wife. She wants Rumson, Fair Haven or Little Silver. I am in Real Estate in Rumson across the river from a section of middletown.

I prefer the areas of northern middletown, Oak Hill is very nice. The navesink area has Bon Jovi, Hartshorne woods and a short ride to the Beach.

Another area where I lived that is reasonable and has good schools is Ocean Township ... Farther south (about 15-20 minutes). Since most people commute to the city the farther away from it you get the better the value.

Good luck with your search!

Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM

70 posts, read 380,659 times
Hey this seems to ring the bell! How easy to commute from Middletown to Jersey City ? May be I should move over there?! Then my wife would be close to work at AT&T Middletown...

Can you send me a CMA, one line per unit for all Middletown condo/townhouse with A, AR, U and C ? sent to my brother's yahoo email address, same id is this.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:27 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer16 View Post
Hi, Kartharby. I live in the town next to Middletown. Middletown is huge, and is nice overall. It has many sections that comprise it including Lincroft, Port Monmouth, Belford, Leonardo (my mind is blank on some of the other sections at this moment). It is a very large school district with two high schools, Middletown North and South.

There is a wide mix of income levels, where you have homes that are extremely wealthy on the one end. The schools are fine from what I understand from the people who have either gone to the schools or have kids in the school system. (They had a lot of issues with teachers striking the last few years, but I haven't seen anything in the paper about it lately).

Middletown is very spread out, it borders Hazlet, Holmdel, and it borders Red Bank and Little Silver also.

It has many parks (some part of the Monmouth County Park System) such as Thompson Park, Tatum Park, Nut Swamp Park, to name a few. All very nice.

The private HS, CBA, is in Lincroft, as is Brookdale Community College.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it's just so spread out. And so much comprises Middletown.

Hope this helps a bit.
This is exactly correct, I also live in the Middletown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey