U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:25 PM

5,309 posts, read 9,158,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
I am young and I loves me some Morristown!

Seriously, I could NEVER afford to live there. But I'll be damned if there isn't some of the best night life Jersey has to offer!
Tell me where???? Whats the good spots, I cant drink but I love to get the husband wasted and have some fun watching him!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Clyde Potts Dr is far from cool...public housing..drunks...don't go sight seeing there
Thanks the name sounds cool. I may drive around in the daytime, never at night. I like to see all elements and obviously I only saw the nice spots on this trip.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:45 PM

61 posts, read 160,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Thanks the name sounds cool. I may drive around in the daytime, never at night. I like to see all elements and obviously I only saw the nice spots on this trip.

Here is some information I found on Clyde Potts. He is an important part of Morristown's history. Who was (http://mendhamtownship.org/clydepotts.htm - broken link)

Old 04-28-2008, 07:03 PM

519 posts, read 1,223,023 times
Quote:
I am young and I loves me some Morristown!

Seriously, I could NEVER afford to live there. But I'll be damned if there isn't some of the best night life Jersey has to offer!
You really need to get out more.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nc-2005 View Post
Here is some information I found on Clyde Potts. He is an important part of Morristown's history. Who was (http://mendhamtownship.org/clydepotts.htm - broken link)
I read that and he was important!! Thanks for looking that up I am interested and it was a good read.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:09 AM

259 posts, read 617,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
You really need to get out more.
And where would you recommend for someone mid 20's to 30's to go? Hoboken is fun, but it's a pain to get there some nights. Parking is even more expensive there. I like Morristown because it's convenient and the bars are very close to each other.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 AM

10,823 posts, read 15,163,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Morristown HS Class of 94.
I want to disagree Mike but your assessment is 100% accurate.
All of the bars and restaurants and condos that have opened up around the green while nice, have not solved one problem in that city. The illegal population is incredible and the hollow is still the hollow. Morristown HS now needs metal detectors they didn't have those as of 1994- that makes me cringe.
In my early 20s I lived in an apartment off the green, nothing fancy but it was fun to be near the center of town and go out every Friday and Saturday and bring home some sweethearts for the evening. But in the long run the redevelopment has not solved problems only covered them at the tax payers expense.

The question to be asked - is Morristown a better town now then in 1985?
I guess In some ways it is , in some ways it is not.
You had to of graduated with my DIL..I think she was 1994 as well

Old 04-29-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Tell me where???? Whats the good spots, I cant drink but I love to get the husband wasted and have some fun watching him!!!
Grasshopper on the Green is a good place to go if you want to be crammed in like cattle, but it's fun. The Funky Monkey is a good time. A safe place to go would be The Famished Frog, always a good time.....plus free popcorn.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 AM

717 posts, read 143,218 times
Quote:
Grasshopper on the Green is a good place to go if you want to be crammed in like cattle, but it's fun. The Funky Monkey is a good time. A safe place to go would be The Famished Frog, always a good time.....plus free popcorn.
I liked the old Palm Grill better then the stupid Monkey.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
I liked the old Palm Grill better then the stupid Monkey.
Absolutely! The Palm Grill was a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey