U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-29-2020, 07:32 PM
 
3,021 posts, read 1,283,852 times
Reputation: 1671

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Defund the military

LOL
Don't give them any ideas; They will pass the measures, then do nothing about it.

EDIT: I am now pretty sure "Defund the police," "Dismantle the police" has been dropped as a political football. Probably cost them the election already. "Tell us how you really feel." Cool. Next up is, "Hold the Stimulus hostage." It changes pretty much daily with these people.

The entire country is not NYC. I go to one of the 5 Boroughs on the regular. It is fun..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2020, 07:35 PM
Status: "pre-imbolic." (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
23,051 posts, read 29,790,029 times
Reputation: 64249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think it was better when Obama was president. With Trump, there's nothing but chaos. He makes Bush 2 look good and that guy started 2 wars.
THIS^^^^. Even the Bush family, George Will, and former NJ Governor Christine Todd Whitman are appalled by Trump.

He's an abomination and an embarrassment to our country.

Why are there so many well to do areas with BLM yard signs?

Because many people, including me, think that Black Lives Matter. We are disgusted by police brutality and murder. We want it to END.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2020, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Earth
7,658 posts, read 5,748,466 times
Reputation: 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Right away I have to discredit you for being another CNN brainwashed liberal. The president CANNOT make policies. He's' not a legislator! People like you being brainwashed by the media too much. The president can make executive orders that are just an order to do a limited set of actions. Both he and Obama demanded the house and congress to put an immigration bill and guess what? Both got declined by the same people that we need to vote out which is Pelosi and McConnell. You like many Americans vastly lack political knowledge, I can tell easily where you got your info from. The POTUS is the least powerful position because they cannot order things without an executive order and has to be reviewed by the judiciary branch. 5 months ago, when he ordered a travel ban from China, it nearly got pulled by the Federal court of appeals because so many tech companies was against it. Had coronavirus not caused waves they would of paid to get the travel ban repealed. The same type of muslim ban got repealed because companies pay judges to get his actions repealed.

The whole Russia is a joke, you know Biden is the one that was working with Ukraine to get his son well paid right? That was a NYTimes investigation that started it and was told to hush in 2015. The whole Russian thing got traction because both the Russians and Chinese are interested in working with Trump if he wins. Because Clinton refused to talk to them after she was caught in 2012 working with different former Soviet countries on mineral deals where the Clinton Foundation was paid very well to broker those deals that even Obama wasn't aware of it until later on. Why do you think Clinton was fired by Obama? She was corrupt.

Obama had good intentions but he didn't manage his people well and let so many corrupt individuals run his administration. Trump couldn't do any of the stuff the media accuses him because anytime any of his staff tries to get a personal deal going they get investigated and wiretapped by the Feds. He's spending 4 years to drain the swamp and he'll need another 4 years to get rid of so many lifers in the Fed that are still trying to sabotage his administration.

It's a shame so many people blame Trump when he is the least culprit to our country's problems. Everyone needs to look in the mirror and wonder why we have such a huge problem with racial injustice, coronavirus. I'm tried of hearing it's Trump's fault when they have no proof he's done something directly to cause the problems we have in this country.

Right away I have to discredit you for being a Rupert murdoch, roger ailes, KGB conspiracy deep-state nutjob. You don't know what I watch and what I read. I think we should all read the gateway pundit now so we can stop believing the russian collusion. Drudge report is a liberal rag! breitbart FTW! Or should we listen alex jones or glen beck? How do we crush deep state? THe X-files just don't have the momentum anymore.



The only things worth working on with russia are space and physicists, sucking out the resources of siberia, playing them off china while their population drinks themselves to death.


Screw russia and screw china. I would fine if those countries are broken up. As captainNJ says, smaller countries are better. They cause less trouble and can still defend themselves like North korea.



The president can't make policy but the GOP follow him lock step because if they don't, they'll get voted out.


People like me voted for gary johnson in the last election because we didn't want a clinton dynasty and we didn't want tiki marches.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnFtFF7X-RE



We want people like tulsi gabbard because she was normal and would keep us out of wars and invest in america.


Instead of draining the swamp, he let McConnell fill it in even more. Maybe you're right. Its not trump's fault...because he has no idea what he's doing! Let stephen miller whisper in his ear.


And one more thing. Obama and clinton aren't power. DJT is. THe buck stops there.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3656yHYDEU




Quote:
Originally Posted by strato58 View Post
Apparently if you think Trump is OK then you're not BLACK ENOUGH for these democrat RACISTS.

word. They are trying to keep the black man down...especially debalsio and the sqaud.


Also, melt down down every confederate statue not on a civil war battlefield, confederate cemetery, or museum except on private property.


An exception for the dukes of hazard can be made.


War's over. Get over it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Defund the military

LOL


Only if they move that money to the space program, passenger rail, healthcare, and education. It would just wind up as pork anyway.

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 07-29-2020 at 08:13 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 08:51 AM
 
Location: NJ
31,771 posts, read 38,372,840 times
Reputation: 24549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Isolationism is what got us in WW2 in the first place. you want your kids storming normandy beach? NATO prevents that. Europeans would still kill each other if given the chance and then the US would be drawn in no matter much you kick and scream.
its funny that not wanting your countries killers in other countires is "isolationism." i support pretty much all other forms of international trade and cooperation but because i dont want killers in other people's countries i am an "isolationist." what does it say about you that you think that military expansionism is the only way to avoid being isolationist? how did isolationism get us into ww2?

there are better ways to avoid wars than having your military positioned all over the world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Earth
7,658 posts, read 5,748,466 times
Reputation: 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its funny that not wanting your countries killers in other countires is "isolationism." i support pretty much all other forms of international trade and cooperation but because i dont want killers in other people's countries i am an "isolationist." what does it say about you that you think that military expansionism is the only way to avoid being isolationist? how did isolationism get us into ww2?

there are better ways to avoid wars than having your military positioned all over the world.

Everything was fine until Bush 2 went into Iraq. They probably should have sent big army into afghanistan especially looking at the logistics and hostile countries surrounding it and no port access.


We could built up passenger rail and the space program instead of going to war.


I'm generally fine with killers in other people's countries except ours. I don't care if its hypocritical. its better than having WW3.


How did isolation keep us out of WW2? Japan still bombed us anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 03:23 PM
 
607 posts, read 471,018 times
Reputation: 1546
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Why are there so many well to do areas with BLM yard signs?

Because many people, including me, think that Black Lives Matter. We are disgusted by police brutality and murder. We want it to END.
BLM, the group, doesn't give a hoot about Black Lives.

You'll notice there's no effort to paint "Black Lives Matter" in the ghettos of Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis or Baltimore...where a typical weekend sees as many black people killed as a full year of unarmed blacks being killed by cops...usually in a justified manner.

Instead, they promote destroying the nuclear family and defending Palestine.

It's not a group looking out for Black people, it's a group that's using them for political power and a general push of Marxist ideals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 04:09 PM
 
Location: NJ
31,771 posts, read 38,372,840 times
Reputation: 24549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Everything was fine until Bush 2 went into Iraq. They probably should have sent big army into afghanistan especially looking at the logistics and hostile countries surrounding it and no port access.


We could built up passenger rail and the space program instead of going to war.


I'm generally fine with killers in other people's countries except ours. I don't care if its hypocritical. its better than having WW3.


How did isolation keep us out of WW2? Japan still bombed us anyway.
we should never have gone into afghanistan, the taliban didnt do anything to us. they were just an easy scapegoat and opportunity to massively increase military spending and also get a nice boost in the price of oil.

we shouldnt be wasting money on the space program. its a total abuse of taxpayers as it doesnt have goals that serve us.

having killers in other countries increases the likelihood of ww3. im not exactly sure why some people think that not having military bases all over the world would lead to a world war and they bring up the other world wars as if the idea is somehow related. how exactly did the US not having bases all over the world cause ww1 and ww2? its such a strange argument and old right wing boomers seem to always think that if we arent perpetually at war or in other people's countries that its going to cause ww3. it makes zero sense.

we werent isolated during ww2. i never said that if you just stay completely out of the international community that you are guaranteed to never get attacked. we didnt have as much international relationships back then largely because it was a less connected world. we are more connected and there is no reason to believe that the US needs to be so spread out militarily or it will cause a great war.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 04:42 PM
 
364 posts, read 102,871 times
Reputation: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
THIS^^^^. Even the Bush family, George Will, and former NJ Governor Christine Todd Whitman are appalled by Trump.

He's an abomination and an embarrassment to our country.

Why are there so many well to do areas with BLM yard signs?

Because many people, including me, think that Black Lives Matter. We are disgusted by police brutality and murder. We want it to END.

Do you mean all 10 unarmed black deaths by police last year, all but a couple were in the act of being attacked, attempted weapon theft?


Yes, black lives do matter. I just wish all of the SJW's would focus on where the real problem lies.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2020, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Earth
7,658 posts, read 5,748,466 times
Reputation: 5815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we should never have gone into afghanistan, the taliban didnt do anything to us. they were just an easy scapegoat and opportunity to massively increase military spending and also get a nice boost in the price of oil.

Which also caused a huge recession.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we shouldnt be wasting money on the space program. its a total abuse of taxpayers as it doesnt have goals that serve us.

No it isn't. It does serve us....specifically you. With space colonization, you'll be able to live your joke of a liberatarian lifesytle on the moon or mars. You'll be free of government intervention, have your dream of small government or probably no government, have all the guns you want, and choke to death on deer anus jerky because healthcare will probably nonexistent on the frontier. Good luck!



Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
having killers in other countries increases the likelihood of ww3. im not exactly sure why some people think that not having military bases all over the world would lead to a world war and they bring up the other world wars as if the idea is somehow related. how exactly did the US not having bases all over the world cause ww1 and ww2? its such a strange argument and old right wing boomers seem to always think that if we arent perpetually at war or in other people's countries that its going to cause ww3. it makes zero sense.

Having those "killers" in other countries protects our trade routes and keeps the markets open to us. Its been that since 1776 when the british empire used have the roll. Its all about the money.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we werent isolated during ww2.

that's because we were in world war.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
Yes, black lives do matter. I just wish all of the SJW's would focus on where the real problem lies.

Condom usage, education, and the father figure?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2020, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
3,491 posts, read 2,710,976 times
Reputation: 4905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post





Condom usage, education, and the father figure?


Can’t forget church.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top