Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 09:42 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Having a granddog is so much fun.
That's a great picture. I''d love to play with that dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 09:59 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Belmar has a special place for me. After Hurricane Harvey, the folks there apparently loaded a trailer of ours (large trucking company), and I hauled it down to Houston. They were so grateful, they took a photo. I really wish I could remember where they posted it. Thanks, Belmar, I live in Texas too, and if you’re ever in bad shape, I hope I can help you out too!

Old 07-31-2020, 06:03 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
What an all around great thread!
First of all of course, so glad Jess enjoyed her vacay. It really sounds like there were so many components and each one just worked out so nicely. Then again, I bet your attitude helps as well. You seem very able to go with the flow and make everything work so well.
Happy early birthday to MightyQueen.
And, JCP what a lovely remembrance.
Anyway all around a great trip. And FWIW I really like Spring Lake ( I went the past few summers. it was new to me- and so delightfully calm and just gorgeous. I used to joke that if you left your wallet open on a blanket and walked away for the day, you would probably come back to it sitting there untouched.Maybe not quite, but that was the feel I got).

Old 07-31-2020, 06:57 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
That's a great picture. I''d love to play with that dog.
Next time I'll tell you to come on up, because he NEVER wants to stop playing with that thing, and he needs somebody to play with. He trots over with it and starts tapping me with his paw. Too adorable to turn down.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:19 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Next time I'll tell you to come on up, because he NEVER wants to stop playing with that thing, and he needs somebody to play with. He trots over with it and starts tapping me with his paw. Too adorable to turn down.
Maybe next time I'm in Jersey, I'll stop by and play with the cutie too. He is adorable, one of my favourite breeds.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Maybe next time I'm in Jersey, I'll stop by and play with the cutie too. He is adorable, one of my favourite breeds.
Well, the dog lives on Long Island, so you'll have to go a bit further. He's my daughter's dog, not mine. They just visited this past week (first I saw my kid since January!)

Old 07-31-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Well, the dog lives on Long Island, so you'll have to go a bit further. He's my daughter's dog, not mine. They just visited this past week (first I saw my kid since January!)
Always wanted to go to Long Island. That's awesome that she spent the weekend with you last week. It's always nice when people come to visit.

I'm thinking of visiting again soon. I wonder if this would be a doable daytrip instead of AC.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Always wanted to go to Long Island. That's awesome that she spent the weekend with you last week. It's always nice when people come to visit.

I'm thinking of visiting again soon. I wonder if this would be a doable daytrip instead of AC.
Well, she's my only kid, and I hadn't seen her since our family Xmas party in January, the last time we were all together and the last time we would EVER be altogether with my mother. Because of COVID-19, most of the family couldn't even travel for the funeral, and we were only allowed to have eight people anyway.

So, yes, it was a good reunion. This has been a long haul of too much time without family or my partner. And it continues...

But I can get to the beach, and since Saturday, I get to go to Long Branch beaches for free! Now just have to wait for this storm to come up and pass.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Well, she's my only kid, and I hadn't seen her since our family Xmas party in January, the last time we were all together and the last time we would EVER be altogether with my mother. Because of COVID-19, most of the family couldn't even travel for the funeral, and we were only allowed to have eight people anyway.

So, yes, it was a good reunion. This has been a long haul of too much time without family or my partner. And it continues...

But I can get to the beach, and since Saturday, I get to go to Long Branch beaches for free! Now just have to wait for this storm to come up and pass.
((hug)) I'm so glad it was a good reunion for you. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. That must have been extremely hard. Once COVID-19 passes, will you have a memorial for her?

That's so awesome you can get onto Long Branch for free now! Have fun!

Old 08-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
((hug)) I'm so glad it was a good reunion for you. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. That must have been extremely hard. Once COVID-19 passes, will you have a memorial for her?

That's so awesome you can get onto Long Branch for free now! Have fun!
Old age has its benefits!

Yes, we will probably do some sort of memorial/celebration of her life at her house before we sell it next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey