Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:31 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times

Advertisements

Well another day in New Jersey-Today Corzine sent out his chief flunkie Senate President Codey on a mission to raise tolls on all toll roads by 50 percent immediately and put up tolls on Rt.78 and 80 within the next year or two. Hey he's on a roll we could probably use another buck a gallon tax on gas to round it out to 5 bucks a gallon. It's great to be worth about 500 million and don't care about the working stiffs. Maybe 100 bucks a day to step into a state park is not to far off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 05:43 PM

323 posts, read 2,088,982 times
It seems like all we read about is tolls here, increase there.. truth of the matter is Corzine is just trying to fix NJ's broken economy.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 PM
cj1

15 posts, read 71,024 times
Are there no other ways of fixing an economy than high-toll-taxing people already struggling to cope with the high cost of gas?

Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Damn, if I have to start buying Absolut and Budwiser I'm going to buy a 12 gauge myself .

Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNARD1 View Post
It seems like all we read about is tolls here, increase there.. truth of the matter is Corzine is just trying to fix NJ's broken economy.
With this kind of response I could see why NJ is the most heavily taxed state in the country. I would start with conserving and cutting spending first and foremost than taxing everything besides the air we breath. The solutions are not tax, tax, tax. I'd assume you are trying to tighten your belt at home we just wish Corzine did the same. His answer one word TAX.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:02 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Might get banned here, but F-corslime.

The man has got to go. Has absolutely no knowledge on how to run a state.

It appears that no one in the state house has the balls to say cut gov't spending and follow through with it.

These freakin idiots now want to put a toll on 78 and 80.

WHEN THE HELL IS THIS SH&T GOING TO STOP!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:02 PM

323 posts, read 2,088,982 times
Aren't they cutting back on NJ state employees already.
Sad but true... but tax is their (fix it) tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
With this kind of response I could see why NJ is the most heavily taxed state in the country. I would start with conserving and cutting spending first and foremost than taxing everything besides the air we breath. The solutions are not tax, tax, tax. I'd assume you are trying to tighten your belt at home we just wish Corzine did the same. His answer one word TAX.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:12 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post

It appears that no one in the state house has the balls to say cut gov't spending and follow through with it.

These freakin idiots now want to put a toll on 78 and 80.

WHEN THE HELL IS THIS SH&T GOING TO STOP!!!

Can we vote for u Jersey Man???

Old 04-29-2008, 07:16 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post

True but he got up on his high Horse and said he was going to do this and going to do that.

And then it happened.

Suckers.....oops sorry I keep making that mistake. Voters, yea there ya go, believed everything Corslime said and ran out and pulled the silly little lever in the porta john. Oops I keep on making that mistake too. I mean voting booth. Well anyone can make that mistake. Voting booths and porta johns both have levers to rid the crap.

But voting booths actually make crap.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNARD1 View Post
Aren't they cutting back on NJ state employees already.
Sad but true... but tax is their (fix it) tool.
A few hundred are retiring and won't be replaces UNTIL after this years budget is passed and then they will sneak some people back in like usual. They are combining several agencies under one but they will still do the same work with another title next to their name. I work for govt. agencies for years and if you knew what I knew you would either have a heart attack or be committed. Yeah he trying to fix a mess but tax and spend isn't the answer it makes the problem worse. They just hired a construction firm to help build the new Rutgers Stadium that was fired from about 30 school construction projects for misplacing and shafting us for millions. Wouldn't it behoove Mr. Corzine TO FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY but no they participate in donating to his agenda(pay to play) so he will will probably give them a raise. If you really think Corzine is doing a good job I have a bridge for sale, cheap. Go figure.

Last edited by JERSEY MAN; 04-29-2008 at 08:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey