Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 42,591 times

Advertisements

Gurus,

We are looking for New Home (estate home) in Monroe, NJ -08831. We need your suggestions. (Let us know, your experience on Schools, Neighborhood, Commute facilities and other important factors to consider to buy a Home in Monroe.)

Please share your knowledge & experience and give us an opinion and comments!!! Greatly appreciated!

Thx
Alen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 02:22 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,190 times
Monroe is a lovely town-I have family who has lived there for about 30 years and I've lived in the surrounding towns my entire life. I would say it's a middle to upper middle class town. It's big though-do you know what area of Monroe you're looking in? Closer to Jamesburg? Spotswood? The schools are very good. They are trying to get the ok to take some land from one of the local parks to expand the high school. I'm assuming if you've already been looking into houses in the area you know what the prices are so I won't discuss that. Nevermind-I just re-read your post and saw you're looking for an estate home-you can defnately find something beautiful in Monroe. The Texas Road area has some fantastic homes back in there. Monroe is in kind of an odd spot as far as a commute anywhere is concerned. You can get to major highways (Rt. 18, Turnpike, Rt. 130), but it is just a little inconvenient because you have to drive through a couple of little towns to get to them. The town itself does not sit right next to any of these major road ways. That could be a plus though too, depending on what you are looking for and what kind of commute you are talking about. The taxes have been lower in Monroe (compared to other areas of Middlesex County), but I think they are starting to creep up.

I can't think of anything really negative to say about the town. I really like it. Good luck with your search. If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to help if I can.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:29 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,088,888 times
What a coincidence, I was in Monroe just this morning. It is a very nice town. New homes are popping up everywhere. There is outlet shopping where Monroe/Cranbury/South Brunswick meet, but the outlets are hidden among warehouses. As for commuting, you would be near Rt. 130 and the NJ Turnpike. The Jamesburg exit off the turnpike is a nightmare, but it wouldn't stop me from considering living there.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 AM

70 posts, read 380,724 times
Default Monroe is the paradise for retired person ...

Just spoke to Helen at Edison Hollow South who was just retired and not need train station to work any more. She is selling her ehs 1810 and told me that she is going to buy a condo at adult community at Monroe. She has visited 8 such communities and found some candidates already. She is going to show serveral buyers this coming saturday from craigs list who are working at Wall St need train station to commute. If she sold her ehs 1810, she will move to Monroe ...

Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Thanks a Lot! for your replies.

We both are working in NYC, So we required good commute facilities and best school district.

Where to buy a home in Middlesex County. Please advise me.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:58 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
Middlesex schools are ok.....Monmouth however are better...Marlboro/Morganville is near Matawan and there is a train there..Old bridge is also still nice and pretty decent commute...for a better commute Calen you may want to consider up North Jersey and be closer to the city....from Central Jersey it isnt a great commute to manhattan

Old 01-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Maple Grove at Piscataway may be good for you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calen1 View Post
We both are working in NYC, So we required good commute facilities and best school district.

Where to buy a home in Middlesex County. Please advise me.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maple_grove/ Maple Grove may be a very nice town to commute to NYC thru Dunellen Train Station.

My brother's son's team just won the top of Business Leader competition today in NJ, so the school must be good as well ...

Since both of you working in NYC, you may want this luxury townhouse instead of house, since you may not have too much time to do yard work... I guess

Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 PM

By the way, if you need big new estate house, at Piscataway near Mountain Av, there are some such nice houses, except they are only about $600,000 ... but it is only one or two blocks to nice new town park with huge brand new playground, tennis court, basketball field, baseball field, hocky ring ...etc. Very nice and as if your own park ....

Old 01-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Any other good places???

Thanks All! wjcheng, I have seen photos townhouse. But, We would like to go with house. So, Piscataway is one of the good places.

Are there any other good places to buy a house in Middlesex county, NJ. Please recommend.

Is it good time to buy a house? and give some idea on market values and interest rates.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
honestly commute to nyc from middlesex isnt any bargin..traffic is terrible and not many places for trains...Matawan is Monmouth County and there is a train..You may want to look at Middletown Monmouth County as well, Old Bridge is Middlesex....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey