Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2020, 03:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,253,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I was under the impression most districts aren’t going to be doing in person yet?
I think you are correct - my information was out of date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 03:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 5,052,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
...In 2 weeks covid cases will start spiking due to school opening...
That hasn't happened in Europe, won't happen in NJ.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:01 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,191,333 times
Lakeside Diner in Forked River defied the ban. A bunch now claim they're going to, but I doubt they will. The state's just too powerful for civil disobedience. You defy the ban, they send cops to shut you down, arrest your patrons, padlock your place, jail you, strip you of all your licenses permanently so you can no longer operate anything any more, and no one hears about it except the 10% of Republicans in the state and people who get a very pro-government view from the mainstream media, talking about you like you're Al Capone.

Old 08-30-2020, 06:19 PM

5,063 posts, read 2,271,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
I'll be shocked if the teachers don't strike. I'm under the impression they really don't want to do in-person.
So many of ours took a leave of absence that we were forced into all remote. A handful were for medical reasons, but most were because the teachers said they needed to take care of their own kids.

The crazy thing is that our district then let them rescind their leave of absence now that we’re remote. If they have kids at home that are young enough the teachers have to be home to watch them, how are they going to take care of their kids and teach at the same time?

Old 08-30-2020, 09:04 PM

1,835 posts, read 674,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
No it isn't. In 2 weeks covid cases will start spiking due to school opening. There goes indoor dining.
If covid cases spike due to schools re-opening, measures would need to be taken to help control the spike.

Yes, it's unfortunate for restaurant owners, employees seeking to work at a restaurant, and patrons where restaurants are not directly related to schools, but both serve the public.

Solution: prevent families with young kids, and teenagers from being permitted indoors in restaurants then, and leave indoor dining to adults only for awhile

Old 08-31-2020, 07:50 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,748,474 times
Indoor dining reopening on Friday.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:53 AM

820 posts, read 970,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Indoor dining reopening on Friday.
I heard that. I'm not getting my hopes up that they won't close down again, but it's something.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:58 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,748,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
I heard that. I'm not getting my hopes up that they won't close down again, but it's something.
The general feeling seems to be that we will hit a second wave in the fall, so we shall see.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:17 AM

2,730 posts, read 6,113,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
That hasn't happened in Europe, won't happen in NJ.
It's sad that people actually seem eager for there to be a spike. So many don't realize that many daycares have been open all along, even more opened back up in June and summer camps have been operating since early July. No spikes. It's morbid that people can't wait to hear news of teachers and students getting sick when schools open.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:18 AM

2,730 posts, read 6,113,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
So many of ours took a leave of absence that we were forced into all remote. A handful were for medical reasons, but most were because the teachers said they needed to take care of their own kids.

The crazy thing is that our district then let them rescind their leave of absence now that we’re remote. If they have kids at home that are young enough the teachers have to be home to watch them, how are they going to take care of their kids and teach at the same time?
Anyone who requested leave should be on it, whether remote or not. This is nonsense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey