Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 22,895 times

Advertisements

i'm gettin da hell outta new york. anybody got some jersey city area advice?

i'm looking for a decent apartment, cheap-ish, parking would be nice but it MUST be near any of the bergen/hudson lightrail stops.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,047 times
we just moved to jersey city heights, webster ave between bowers and griffith. it's a 10 minute walk to the elevator that goes down to the congress st/9th st light rail stop in hoboken! we got a GREAT deal on a condo, we're right by Fisk park with a view of hoboken and nyc, and we have friends that just bought nearby. there's buses to the city, buses to hoboken, tons of shopping within walking distance. i totally recommend. hoboken is great too, but much pricier. cuter, more nightlife, but pricier.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,360,275 times
I left jersey city in Jan 2007. Try I ran out of JC. I wasnt to far from Frisk park. I was at Pershing field. Its 1.5 mile from JSQ (20 Min walk). I couldnt deal with the mice/roaches, and some of the questionable people in the area. I would stay in NYC..If not, find another state.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:47 PM

16 posts, read 88,271 times
Hey tirednewyorker! Jersey City is a great pick (I lived in Manhattan as well and came here). There are many different highly accessible areas to NYC. I would first figure out what your budget is, and that would determine which is the best area for you. I live in the heights and love it. There are many affordable places in the area for rent and some you can rent parking as well.

Moderator cut: inflammatory

Last edited by tahiti; 05-04-2008 at 10:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey