U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2020, 09:15 AM

29,456 posts, read 33,969,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrintScreen123 View Post
I would say Marlboro/Holmdel/Colts Neck area. No downtown but can easily drive to Freehold Boro or Red Bank.
has freehold boro gotten better over the last decade? its been a while since i have been there but when i did, it wasnt exactly the nicest place to be.

we used to go when we were kids. we would go to brothers restaurant, the nachos were the best. there really wasnt much to offer back then either.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 12:49 AM

74 posts, read 49,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
has freehold boro gotten better over the last decade? its been a while since i have been there but when i did, it wasnt exactly the nicest place to be.

we used to go when we were kids. we would go to brothers restaurant, the nachos were the best. there really wasnt much to offer back then either.
It has actually gotten better, but then again I'm only really aware of how it's been since the mid-late 2000s (originally from NY). But from as long as I've been here, it's downtown has steadily gotten better. Its downtown is not yet on Red Bank or Asbury tier though, maybe more akin to Keyport's or Manasquan's downtowns. Provided with the right community investment (I've heard that the Borough just approved a new county park to be built somewhere close-by to Main St?.....but don't directly quote me on that), it would probably be the next "Asbury/Red Bank" within the next 5 years.

Old 09-25-2020, 05:46 AM

159 posts, read 67,515 times
Holmdel, Middletown! Love both towns schools!

Old 09-25-2020, 10:16 AM

149 posts, read 176,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere_imbored View Post
It has actually gotten better, but then again I'm only really aware of how it's been since the mid-late 2000s (originally from NY). But from as long as I've been here, it's downtown has steadily gotten better. Its downtown is not yet on Red Bank or Asbury tier though, maybe more akin to Keyport's or Manasquan's downtowns. Provided with the right community investment (I've heard that the Borough just approved a new county park to be built somewhere close-by to Main St?.....but don't directly quote me on that), it would probably be the next "Asbury/Red Bank" within the next 5 years.
I can't believe that anyone would include Asbury Park as one of the best places to live in Monmouth County.

Do a Google search "Asbury Park crime" and you will see what I am talking about.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:37 AM

128 posts, read 102,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCashman View Post
I can't believe that anyone would include Asbury Park as one of the best places to live in Monmouth County.

Do a Google search "Asbury Park crime" and you will see what I am talking about.
He probably means that Asbury Park has one of the best downtowns in Monmouth County. Which I agree with.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:05 PM

54 posts, read 20,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Keating View Post
He probably means that Asbury Park has one of the best downtowns in Monmouth County. Which I agree with.
Just never venture west of the railroad tracks.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:21 PM

74 posts, read 49,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Keating View Post
Thank you. That was what I was alluding to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
Just never venture west of the railroad tracks.
I agree. But in fairness, east of tracks is very nice. A varying array of home styles; from Victorians to Condos. Essentially, "new Asbury" is a desirable place to both visit and to even live (particularly for YUPPY Millennial types and those looking for a more walkable/urban atmosphere). "Old Asbury" is decrepit, but it seems like even some blocks west of the tracks are slowly becoming more gentrified. It'll only be a matter of time until the entire community changes.

Old 09-28-2020, 03:37 PM

54 posts, read 20,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejp View Post
We're looking at Monmouth, but concerned with the amount of Trump flags everywhere. I know, I'm sick of politics, but this is beyond that, I don't want to raise my children around these people. Is there anywhere in Monmouth that might be suitable? So far, the only option seems to be Red Bank, and possibly Fair Haven.
“these people”? So, everyone voting for Trump has the same agenda?

The majority of Fair Haven is pro Trump as a community so, hopefully, I’ve saved you some time.

Old 09-28-2020, 03:47 PM

29,456 posts, read 33,969,572 times
Quote:
We're looking at Monmouth, but concerned with the amount of Trump flags everywhere. I know, I'm sick of politics, but this is beyond that, I don't want to raise my children around these people. Is there anywhere in Monmouth that might be suitable? So far, the only option seems to be Red Bank, and possibly Fair Haven.
even in a pro-trump town, the % isnt going to be more than 60% so just focus on finding the 40% that votes democrat. i have different groups of friends, most are republican at some level. i just avoid talking politics with people or focus on areas where we find common ground. if someone says something i dont agree with, ill let them speak and move on with conversation. who cares.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:14 PM

16,813 posts, read 6,837,917 times
Quote:
Well the more well off towns will tend to be republican but trump will be done soon so don't worry .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey