U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 08:51 PM

66,969 posts, read 62,627,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejp View Post
We're looking at Monmouth, but concerned with the amount of Trump flags everywhere. I know, I'm sick of politics, but this is beyond that, I don't want to raise my children around these people. Is there anywhere in Monmouth that might be suitable? So far, the only option seems to be Red Bank, and possibly Fair Haven.
Bruce Springsteen and Jon Stewart live in Colts Neck. Just sayin'. They were not with the majority in 2016, though.

Here's how the county voted in 2016.

https://www.nj.gov/state/elections/a...s-monmouth.pdf

ETA: Look at Little Silver. Nice town, pretty, mellow, seems to be nearly 50/50 politically. Good coffee (Rook) at the train station, too. I don't know a ton of LS people, but the ones I do know seem pretty intelligent and on an even keel mentally.

Old 10-01-2020, 09:02 PM

29,456 posts, read 33,969,572 times
my daughter's sewing class is in little silver. when i pick her up, the people there look like rumson/fair haven folk to me. so im guessing they are moderate republicans with a good amount of liberals mixed in. im sure they are nice people if you are nice to them, like pretty much everyone.

i got my mail in ballot today. i have to hide it so my wife doesnt vote for trump with my ballot!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 04:12 PM

7 posts, read 3,213 times
I'm moved to Colts Neck last year and we are proud Republicans. So, please don't come here

Old 10-04-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan8200 View Post
I'm moved to Colts Neck last year and we are proud Republicans. So, please don't come here
How pleasant.

Old 10-05-2020, 04:21 PM

74 posts, read 49,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
my daughter's sewing class is in little silver. when i pick her up, the people there look like rumson/fair haven folk to me. so im guessing they are moderate republicans with a good amount of liberals mixed in. im sure they are nice people if you are nice to them, like pretty much everyone.

i got my mail in ballot today. i have to hide it so my wife doesnt vote for trump with my ballot!
That's actually a very good way of putting it. Towns like Little Silver, Fair Haven, Shrewsbury, etc., do have a lot of Republicans, but they tend to be rather moderate (fiscally conservative, socially moderate and even a tad bit liberal), unlike the "Trump Supporter" caricature that the poster may be thinking of (you will definitely find more of those types in towns like Howell or Wall, and especially more south in Ocean County). I think most of Monmouth County is rather moderate, politically speaking. The share between registered Democrats and Republicans is actually not even that stark, believe it or not, there are actually technically more registered Democrats than Republicans; https://www.nj.com/politics/2017/05/...party_dom.html

"Democrats: 117,009

Republicans: 114,900

Unaffiliated: 208,429

Long seen as a Republican-dominated county and the home base of Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, Democrats actually have a slim 2,000-voter edge among registered voters in Monmouth. That isn't showing at the ballot: Christie won Monmouth twice and Trump won the county by nearly 10 points."

I think the problem with Monmouth County Democrats is the lack of turnout.

Old 10-07-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How pleasant.
Hey, someone wants to know where to live to avoid Trump supporters. Doesnt want to raise her kids with "those people". The feeling is mutual...

Old 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM

16,343 posts, read 19,721,320 times
Quote:
Hey, someone wants to know where to live to avoid Trump supporters. Doesnt want to raise her kids with "those people". The feeling is mutual...
In case you didn't pick up on Mightyqueen's sarcasm, she is actually on the same page as you are.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
In case you didn't pick up on Mightyqueen's sarcasm, she is actually on the same page as you are.

Um, no, I am not. One poster says he doesn't want to live where he sees Trump flags. She said she is Republican so don't come to Colts Neck. (Although I pointed out liberal celebs in that town.)

People are letting this divisiveness turn them ugly to one another.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-07-2020 at 08:45 PM..

Old 10-08-2020, 07:38 PM

16,813 posts, read 6,837,917 times
Quote:
I'm sure Bruce and John are happy you're there.

Old 10-18-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Um, no, I am not. One poster says he doesn't want to live where he sees Trump flags. She said she is Republican so don't come to Colts Neck. (Although I pointed out liberal celebs in that town.)

People are letting this divisiveness turn them ugly to one another.
I still fail to see the difference in the comments. She said she doesn't want to live around trump supporters. I'm saying I don't want to live around leftists. (youre right, it's nasty. That was the point. I was turning her own thoughts on their head - amazing how you see the nastiness only one direction)

Yes, there are lib celebs, but look up the stats. CN went 70% for Trump in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey