Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Are you certain that this would stop our governor from at least trying to collect the tax from his estate?
oh no...the estate was sold to cover the cost of the lung machine(s)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldzajd View Post
OK, I give up, what is the 'BF' I have an answer but can't post it.

It not possible to predict the next think to go thru the roof, everythin rises slowly so nothing just ever goes thru the roof. You can have some control over what goes thru the roof by actually sneding soemthing thru the roof.

To do this you have to climb out on the roof. Take whatever it is that you would like to go thru the roof and throw it thru the roof. It will help to kick in a part of the roof to make whatever it is that you want to go thru the roof go thru easier.

You can try this from the inside also. But it's easier to make something go thru the roof if you are actually on top of the roof throwing whatever it is DOWNWARD'

Be imaginative. You are in control. You can make anything you want go 'thru the roof'

Jebbers the Sage
errr ahhh huh? Alrighty then!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:42 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
...but you can have multiple wives and marry your daughter off at the age of 12!

Totally forgot about that....

Old 05-02-2008, 09:47 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
...but you can have multiple wives and marry your daughter off at the age of 12!
Multiple wives? Good god, why would I want ANOTHER person I have to take orders from?!?!?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Are you certain that this would stop our governor from at least trying to collect the tax from his estate?
what estate? LOL! i grew up a poor white girl....

puhleeze. both parents long dead and buried (due to cigs).

Old 05-02-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
what estate? LOL! i grew up a poor white girl....

puhleeze. both parents long dead and buried (due to cigs).
Are you sure you're not a long lost sista? Sounds like we lived similiar lives??? Poor...that was a term used for the rich kids next door : ) We use to have to wear tube socks on our hands as gloves in the winter...and wonder bread bags over our shoprite sneakers as boots!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:54 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldzajd View Post
OK, I give up, what is the 'BF' I have an answer but can't post it.

It not possible to predict the next think to go thru the roof, everythin rises slowly so nothing just ever goes thru the roof. You can have some control over what goes thru the roof by actually sneding soemthing thru the roof.

To do this you have to climb out on the roof. Take whatever it is that you would like to go thru the roof and throw it thru the roof. It will help to kick in a part of the roof to make whatever it is that you want to go thru the roof go thru easier.

You can try this from the inside also. But it's easier to make something go thru the roof if you are actually on top of the roof throwing whatever it is DOWNWARD'

Be imaginative. You are in control. You can make anything you want go 'thru the roof'

Jebbers the Sage

I'm so confused:c onfused:

Old 05-02-2008, 09:57 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
Default How THEY know. Getting billed for USE TAX and how to protect yourself if you buy a lot online.

Quote:
Ok..say you buy something on Ebay from another State...would they bother to come after you? No way!
The answer is MAYBE. Here's an example:

A friend of mine bought a camera from a large NewYork-based merchandiser. To the State of New York Tax Department, the merchandiser has to justify why he didn't collect sales tax. Merchandiser correctly claims, "I'm not required to collect sales tax on this transaction since I didn't sell it in New York. I shipped the camera to this guy in New Jersey."

New York Tax Department turns over the merchandiser's long list of "guys from New Jersey" to the New Jersey Division of Taxation.

New Jersey Division of Taxation compares "the list of guys from New Jersey" with each one's individual income tax return (Form NJ-1040).

Ever check out line 44 on the NJ-1040? It reads, "Use Tax Due on Out-of-State Purchases." That's the line on which people are supposed to voluntarily cough up all the sales tax money they've "saved" by buying things through the mail, etc.

Well, if line 44 is blank, guess what? That income-tax-filing taxpayer gets a bill from the NJ Division of Taxation because (s)he didn't report and pay the Use Tax liability for the camera (or the cigarettes, or the furniture, or the collectibles, etc.) on his/her tax return.

My friend got billed for tax on the camera. And that's how THEY know.

Some people, like my friend, buy a lot of things online, avoiding the sales tax. He now voluntarily reports $300 in out-of-state purchases each year, paying an extra $21 dollars with his NJ-1040 in Use Tax. Next time one of his out-of-state purchases is checked up on, guess what? He didn't leave line 44 blank! No letter from the tax division and NO BILL.

This is what my friend does, of course. As for me, I add up every individual out-of-state receipt and calculate my Use Tax to the penny. Of course.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I'm so confused:c onfused:
I think Gerald rolls his own if ya know what I'm sayin'

Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
I think Gerald rolls his own if ya know what I'm sayin'
Uh huh

Many interesting creatures lurking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey