Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 11:53 PM

6 posts, read 9,019 times

Advertisements

There's a house I'm looking at in Cranford just east of the parkway, two blocks from the Roselle border, on Dietz Street. Is this a safe neighborhood? It is Cranford, but does crime from Roselle spill over?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 06:07 AM

189 posts, read 578,900 times
All of cranford is low in crime. The only crime you hear about is overnight theft of unlocked cars. I'll never understand why some people leave wallets and jewelry in unlocked cars on their driveway overnight.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:46 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,505,680 times
The only thing I know is that any criminal dumb enough to cross into Cranford doesn't know anything about the area.

There are Cranford Police at various roads as well as active patrols. I was pulled over by Cranford PD at night last year because I parked along the road to text someone back. And the officer just checked my license and didn't do anything else. Very active policing in the area.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:35 AM

20 posts, read 15,518 times
Like RiggerNY has stated, that area and Roselle for the most part, is very low in crime unless you leave change in your cars' cup holder. Police are very active in both areas. Only sketchy areas are parts of Linden and Elizabeth, but you are far enough where you are very safe.....

Old 12-16-2020, 12:20 PM

9,997 posts, read 6,598,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggerNY View Post
All of cranford is low in crime. The only crime you hear about is overnight theft of unlocked cars. I'll never understand why some people leave wallets and jewelry in unlocked cars on their driveway overnight.
I dont know why you want to live in an area where you feel threatened that you have to lock your doors. If you feel the need you dont have to that means you live in a good area.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:30 PM

3,988 posts, read 3,539,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I dont know why you want to live in an area where you feel threatened that you have to lock your doors. If you feel the need you dont have to that means you live in a good area.

I'm locking my doors no matter where I live. It would be silly to make it easy for others to steal from you when all it takes is the push of a button to protect your belongings. By your logic the doors to "good areas" shouldn't even have locks on them and no one should have security systems.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:58 PM

453 posts, read 340,049 times
There is petty crime in all areas. If you don't think your area has petty crime, you aren't paying attention. I live in a very nice town that borders very nice towns, yet I still get Ring doorbell neighborhood alerts of unopened cars being stolen from or people caught checking door handles of cars in driveways in Madison and Chatham. This stuff doesn't make the news but because I have the video doorbell, I have knowledge of what's going on in the area.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:01 PM

5,027 posts, read 2,230,093 times
Looking at the towns you listed in the other thread, compared to Cranford, I'd say if you like this house you'll do better with this one than in any of those towns.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:44 PM

349 posts, read 265,259 times
Quote:
Well lately criminals been targeting very affluent areas and breaking into high end luxury unlocked cars that are parked in driveways. Do you not read the news? They come from Paterson & Newark and neighboring low income towns. These affluent towns they target are very safe but these criminals come from bad areas. So definitely lock your doors to deter these criminals from coming back to steal in your neighborhoods! Below are some articles you can read to enlighten yourself and make you aware of your surroundings:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/midjers...ld-police/amp/

https://www.newjerseynewsnetwork.com...ock-their-cars

https://patch.com/new-jersey/holmdel...residence-cops

https://www.google.com/amp/s/newyork...ew-jersey/amp/

Last edited by possibleyou; 12-16-2020 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-16-2020, 05:11 PM

189 posts, read 578,900 times
Quote:
What an absurdly naive and ridiculous comment. There is petty crime in Greenwich, CT but I've never heard anyone refer to it as a dangerous town. What utopia of a town do you live in where there is a 0% crime rate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey