U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2021, 01:39 PM
 
648 posts, read 1,207,772 times
Reputation: 173

Advertisements

Hello, I get different information online,..... so I would like to know how long does it normally take to drive from New Brunswick to Lawrenceville and vs? I would leave around 6:30AM during the week and I would drive back around 5:30ish. Also like to know how much gas I would be spending on. Which online map is the most accurate? Thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2021, 04:19 PM
 
1,153 posts, read 1,680,569 times
Reputation: 735
The normal route to take is Route 1.
Where in New Brunswick?
Where in Lawrenceville?

5:30pm is prime rush hour.
Traffic is horrible on Route 1.

How much gas? Doesn't that depend on your car?
Google Maps is still the best.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 06:18 PM
 
648 posts, read 1,207,772 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
The normal route to take is Route 1.
Where in New Brunswick?
Where in Lawrenceville?

5:30pm is prime rush hour.
Traffic is horrible on Route 1.

How much gas? Doesn't that depend on your car?
Google Maps is still the best.
by RWJ Hospital in New Brunswick
to By Lenox Dr in Lawrenceville

2003 Toyota Avalon

is there another not horrible route beside Route 1 I can take? Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 06:20 PM
 
1,153 posts, read 1,680,569 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
is there another not horrible route beside Route 1 I can take? Thanks.
Have you used Google Maps?

.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 06:23 PM
 
Location: close to home
6,130 posts, read 2,955,354 times
Reputation: 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
by RWJ Hospital in New Brunswick
to By Lenox Dr in Lawrenceville

2003 Toyota Avalon

is there another not horrible route beside Route 1 I can take? Thanks.
BMS? You could take 1 to 27 and then 206, but I'm not sure how much time it will save you. As suggested earlier, use Google maps for your best options.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 06:35 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
670 posts, read 399,404 times
Reputation: 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
BMS? You could take 1 to 27 and then 206, but I'm not sure how much time it will save you. As suggested earlier, use Google maps for your best options.



206 is also a nightmare during rush hour due to all the people avoiding Route 1...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 06:39 PM
 
648 posts, read 1,207,772 times
Reputation: 173
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
Have you used Google Maps?

.
I did but I thought I would ask locals who are familiar with the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 06:51 PM
 
18,291 posts, read 23,065,578 times
Reputation: 24385
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
206 is also a nightmare during rush hour due to all the people avoiding Route 1...
+1
Additionally, 27--like 206--is just one lane in each direction, and 27 runs through several towns where the speed limit is 30 mph. And, as slow as the flow of traffic usually is during commuting hours, all you need is one person driving slower than the speed limit to screw-up the flow of traffic--and there are always a few those rolling roadblocks on the roads.

At least Route 1 has 2 lanes in each direction, and it is now legal to drive on the shoulder of Route 1 in some areas during rush hours.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2021, 08:13 PM
 
648 posts, read 1,207,772 times
Reputation: 173
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
Additionally, 27--like 206--is just one lane in each direction, and 27 runs through several towns where the speed limit is 30 mph. And, as slow as the flow of traffic usually is during commuting hours, all you need is one person driving slower than the speed limit to screw-up the flow of traffic--and there are always a few those rolling roadblocks on the roads.

At least Route 1 has 2 lanes in each direction, and it is now legal to drive on the shoulder of Route 1 in some areas during rush hours.
Thanks a bunch!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2021, 07:08 AM
 
4,432 posts, read 3,725,186 times
Reputation: 7760
It's deceptive because while the mileage might not be substantial, it's really a pretty traffic laden commute. Not saying it is terrible, but it is so variable time wise. I also am not sure as to the return to normal traffic ( non covid) because a lot of the office complexes are still working from home to a large degree. I would say on a good day it could be 25 minutes, and on most days more like 40 and could be more?
I am assuming Route 1.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top