U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2021, 09:19 AM

21 posts, read 14,212 times

Advertisements

I hear they are but I couldn't tell by searching online. Just wondering if they actually are as good as I hear. Great Schools seems not to have the info for Glen Ridge.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 12:06 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,157,273 times
Ye$.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:31 PM

970 posts, read 441,883 times
Glen Ridge is a very affluent town. Affluent people have lots of resources to ensure a child's success in school. Students in this district perform very well in tests.

Is it due to Glen Ridge's schools, or other factors? My guess is upbringing matters more than school choice, but schools still matter. If you can afford to live in Glen Ridge, your children will probably have every opportunity to be successful.

Old 07-21-2021, 02:25 PM

21 posts, read 14,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Glen Ridge is a very affluent town. Affluent people have lots of resources to ensure a child's success in school. Students in this district perform very well in tests.

Is it due to Glen Ridge's schools, or other factors? My guess is upbringing matters more than school choice, but schools still matter. If you can afford to live in Glen Ridge, your children will probably have every opportunity to be successful.
Agreed, although there are affluent neighborhoods with subpar school districts too.
I heard about Glen Ridge being good with public elementary but I couldn't find the Great Schools data to support it.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:42 AM

482 posts, read 642,404 times
They better be as good as they say! I'll be at around $150k in paid property tax between our move-in date and when we will start elementary. Crazy thought, but applies to others that move out of the city to the area then start trying for a family. 6 years of property tax.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:57 AM

3,379 posts, read 2,547,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaRuss01 View Post
They better be as good as they say! I'll be at around $150k in paid property tax between our move-in date and when we will start elementary. Crazy thought, but applies to others that move out of the city to the area then start trying for a family. 6 years of property tax.
Did you have a child? I remember a while back you posted about trying to plan out childcare with two working parents. Hope everything is going well.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:12 AM

482 posts, read 642,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Did you have a child? I remember a while back you posted about trying to plan out childcare with two working parents. Hope everything is going well.
Awhile ago. Wife went in-house. Everything worked out great. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:53 AM

3,379 posts, read 2,547,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaRuss01 View Post
Awhile ago. Wife went in-house. Everything worked out great. Thanks for asking.
Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: