Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM

9 posts, read 37,734 times

Advertisements

Next year I'm going to school in Downtown Manhattan and need an apartment for less that $1400 month. I've been looking on Craiglist for an apartment in Jersey City or Hoboken to move in on August 1st but everyone on there wants people to move in immediately. Is there anyway I can plan to move in August now, or do I have to wait until July?

Also, I'm trying to compare being within walking distance to the PATH (ideal) or taking a bus to it. Is there a monthly bus pass?

From my research, it seems to be in walking distance of the PATH I need to be either in Journal Square, Grove St., or Hoboken. Is that correct?

Neighborhood is not a huge concern. I'd prefer a better apartment for the same price if it means a less Hoboken-like neighborhood.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 04:53 PM

9 posts, read 37,734 times
More info: I wont have a car.

Anyone know anything about the Brevard, or other larger complexes that might fit the bill?

Is Lincoln Park too far?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:10 AM

138 posts, read 610,567 times
More apartments come up the closer you get to the move-in date. It's possible you will find a handful of stuff on Craigslist for August 1st, but more likely, you will still see June 1 & July 1 at this time. I know it's stressful to not have it all set in way in advance, but that's pretty much how it works. Also, my opinion is that it's really best to be in walking distance of the Path. I would recommend the Grove St area. I've lived there for 3 years.

Last edited by majesty318; 05-16-2008 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-16-2008, 09:50 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
I would suggest either near Grove Street Path, Exchange Place, or Newport. Your best bet for $1,400 is Grove Street. Journal Square has a Path, but the area is kind of seedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey