Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
There was a murder in Tenafly

I drove down tenafly road, and there where cops blockades

Did not find out until today from pops that it was a murder

Apparently three oriental people were dead in that house for a while, and someone noticed a peculiar odor and called the cops
Apparently it was an older man and woman, but apparently not a couple and a younger man. Murder/Suicide has been ruled out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 10:49 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was 6 at the time and don't remember hearing about it until the show featured it. I did hear about his death, my neighbor mentioned it a few weeks ago.

For the DVD, do a search at amazon link

Anyone remember when Mark Masters held his dead mother in law hostage? He swore he didn't kill her. My dad called me to turn on the news, and it didn't surprise me that Mark did this.

I met Mark years before, think he drove a tow truck. At one point he worked for our gas station pumping gas & working on cars. He was a piece of work back then, used to get really annoyed by the hair on his forehead and would shave it off.

When he stopped working for us he threatened to kill my dad. I'm pretty sure we had a restraining order on him.

If they ever made a movie about him and that day, Kevin Bacon would be the one to play Mark.
Rose I been through the obvious Amazon dot com looking. Like I said earler, I can find the video in the Amazon UK but I want the DVD. UK PAL is not compatable with our DVD players.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:50 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,667,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Rose I been through the obvious Amazon dot com looking. Like I said earler, I can find the video in the Amazon UK but I want the DVD. UK PAL is not compatable with our DVD players.
Its pretty easy to rip and burn your own DVD though

Old 05-18-2008, 05:11 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Its pretty easy to rip and burn your own DVD though
If you mean convert the UK PAL to our version yes it is if one has the equipment. There are several studios who do if for $25.

Geez my friends. No one has any ideas where to find hard to find movies? There must be some movie collectors out there some place.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:35 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:

You'd specifically mentioned ebay and $180. Didn't know if you saw it on amazon. The price wasn't that much.

If I couldn't get a DVD and only VHS of something I really wanted, I would get the VHS. Players are cheap.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:00 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I think it might actually be posible to do with Nero, thats the program I use to burn CDs.

You could also search out a de-regenalized DVD player and find that in the long run you will make use of that feature.
You might be able to find someone in your area that can de-regenalize it for you.

I have Tivo so I can search with a keyword search and found that the documentary type show about him is going to be on 5/30 on AandE on American Justice. I didn't find the movie you were talking about.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:00 PM

25 posts, read 87,750 times
Default Crime in Jersey

I remember the case only because it was featured on americas most wnted,ut my bro in law who grew up in Summit remembers the shock and fear in the area.When i was in High school montclair late 70s,there was a kid Ken Altman who murdered a women to get money for gambling debts.HE killed her on friday with a souvener basesball bat and then kicked a field goal in saturdays game.It was a unreal feeling to know your classmate killed somebody. By the way does anyone know what happened to Ken Altman class of 79 montclair high school, He most likely 47 or 48 thanks for any info

Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
If you mean convert the UK PAL to our version yes it is if one has the equipment. There are several studios who do if for $25.
You can do it with a PC and a DVD burner, along with some various freely available tools, actually

ifoedit is one option, tmpgenc is my preferred way. But you can do it on your own, definitely

Old 05-18-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You could also search out a de-regenalized DVD player and find that in the long run you will make use of that feature.
You might be able to find someone in your area that can de-regenalize it for you.
Region codes aren't the issue - PAL uses a different framerate (25fps vs 29.97fps for NTSC, due to differences in AC power here and elsewhere). Doesn't mean you can't change the framerate and burn it as a DVD yourself, though

Old 07-14-2008, 07:21 PM

6 posts, read 26,103 times
Does anyone know what happened to Mark Masters - killed his mother-in-law in Plainfield in 1993 in hostage situation? He was sentenced to state prison and eligible for parole in 15 years, that would be July 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey