U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:33 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,915,313 times

Advertisements

After reading the other thread, I thought it would be nice to start a positive thread which recognizes and praises all of the great police officers out there.

So if you have a good story, post it here:

The Metuchen police are always a pleasure to deal with. Just this past week after my mom put the trash in the outside can, she jumped when she saw a raccoon in there. We were worried about what to do and called the Metuchen police. As always the officer who came was courteous and helped us deal with the situation. It was such an odd and funny incident but he handled it with the kind and professional attitude I have always seen in Metuchen.

So congrats and thanks to the men and women in blue for being versatile and brave enough to handle the bad guys and nice enough to help regular folks and raccoons.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 10:23 PM

786 posts, read 2,179,476 times
It's their job and they get paid for it. All I ask is that they be competent.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:27 PM

53,432 posts, read 68,353,215 times
the police are left to deal with the undealable. the product of conflict deescalation and time out. we managed to be good employees, dodged them for all these years, but now something must be done. send in the cops. thank you police.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:59 AM

146 posts, read 433,579 times
I just spend a few days down in Washington honoring our fallen officers. Just wanted to say thanks to those who put their lives on the line for us. Thanks for starting this thread.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 AM

323 posts, read 1,816,966 times
Absolutely, understood that it's their job and all, but they really go about it well.

Thanks to all the NJ police officers!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,915,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post

Ahhh what is it you do for a living? You must be a real treat to work for/with. Besides being nice, it's good business to be able to say thank you and appreciate someone for doing a job well.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 AM

646 posts, read 2,305,246 times
First I want to Thank you for posting this .I have a few friends in Law enforcement and the stories they have are amazing.Now the two I have are were an Officer was the first on the scene of a car accident my daughter was in and well it's hard for me, he did more then he had to !The other was the Police officer who came to my Dad's house everytime ...day or night when he was sick.Thank you all!

Old 05-18-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post

This was not needed.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:28 AM

766 posts, read 2,287,226 times
I've got a real lovely feel good story that involved both the police and firemen. It happened in Cliffside Park about ten years ago.

There was this elderly ecctrentic fellow who used to go around the area looking for metel to scrap and bottles and cans to return. His property looked like a small junkyard. He was a hard working guy who kept to himself and never bothered anybody.

The local mailman called the police when he noticed that he was not picking up his mail for quite some time. When the police arrived the noticed the poor old timer was dead. So what did they do? They searched the house for anything they could steal. They took $150,000.00 in cash this guy worked his whole life for and split it amoung themselves.

To cover there tracks one of the police officers got his brother who was a fireman also in Cliffside Park and arrainged to have to other poor dimwit to set the house on fire. Of corse they got caught and folded like a deck of cards.

Another lovely feel good story was the cops in the next town over. Not sure if it was Ridgefield or Palasades Park. I think it was Pal Park. The police pulled off about eighty burglerys that were reported, God only knows how many went unreported. Some of them would break into the home and the others would be look outs. They used to pray on immigrants. Could you imagin what these people went through, some of there lifes ruined. They would have got away with it if the FBI didn't notice the unusual amount of unsolved crimes and did an investagation of there own.

Those are a few of my feel good storys. I feel good that they got caught.

To me its amazing that cops and firemen are always looking for a pat on the back. You never hear construction workers telling anybody that will listen that they put there lifes on the line everyday.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I've got a real lovely feel good story that involved both the police and firemen. It happened in Cliffside Park about ten years ago.

There was this elderly ecctrentic fellow who used to go around the area looking for metel to scrap and bottles and cans to return. His property looked like a small junkyard. He was a hard working guy who kept to himself and never bothered anybody.

The local mailman called the police when he noticed that he was not picking up his mail for quite some time. When the police arrived the noticed the poor old timer was dead. So what did they do? They searched the house for anything they could steal. They took $150,000.00 in cash this guy worked his whole life for and split it amoung themselves.

To cover there tracks one of the police officers got his brother who was a fireman also in Cliffside Park and arrainged to have to other poor dimwit to set the house on fire. Of corse they got caught and folded like a deck of cards.

Another lovely feel good story was the cops in the next town over. Not sure if it was Ridgefield or Palasades Park. I think it was Pal Park. The police pulled off about eighty burglerys that were reported, God only knows how many went unreported. Some of them would break into the home and the others would be look outs. They used to pray on immigrants. Could you imagin what these people went through, some of there lifes ruined. They would have got away with it if the FBI didn't notice the unusual amount of unsolved crimes and did an investagation of there own.

Those are a few of my feel good storys. I feel good that they got caught.

To me its amazing that cops and firemen are always looking for a pat on the back. You never hear construction workers telling anybody that will listen that they put there lifes on the line everyday.
So you had to go back 10 years to make that up,huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey