Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 AM

13,384 posts, read 28,660,475 times

Advertisements

CuCullin,

Talk to people who live in the border states of Texas, Arizona, california..especially those living right on the border..it isn't pretty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Bonjour massuer CuCullin...lol - I failed french as you can see. My great grandfather came over from Ireland.. Are you seeing how the table is turning in support of your arguement : ) Ellis island... isn't that what the plan is? To have something setup so that people can come over legally? Gotta love it!

and that's the key word in this argument LEGALLY
have not read one word in this thread with any one having an issue with a LEGAL immigrant

Old 05-21-2008, 10:25 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,575,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
and that's the key word in this argument LEGALLY
have not read one word in this thread with any one having an issue with a LEGAL immigrant
so if 10 million mexican come over legally, you would be ok with that? Wouldn't they still be taking jbs away from Americans : )

Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 AM

9,359 posts, read 20,732,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
The border could be protected if we really wanted to stop people running across it. Just think Iron Curtain, Berlin wall etc Seriously, just imagine we said, right..anyone who crosses our border illegally will be shot and killed. And then did it to the next group who crossed illegally. Killed em all...say 50 of em dead. Do you think that would be a message? There is not really a penalty for crossing the border right now. What happens....I get sent home again...boohoo. If you were going to get shot and killed you wouldn't cross so nonchalantly.

Of course this would violate someone’s civil rights and the good old red white and blue has become a bit namby pamby if you ask me so nothing like this will ever happen. But saying "it's impossible or not feasible" is pretty weak IMO.
I hear this is what the Mexican Army is told to do at the Guatemalan border in Chiapas. Shoot to kill orders. It's called sovereignty, the right to defend one's borders. It's not really a novel concept. For further proof, go to border of South Africa and Namibia. Or Israel and Lebanon.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
so if 10 million mexican come over legally, you would be ok with that? Wouldn't they still be taking jbs away from Americans : )

No because as LEGAL immigrants they would have more say so in what happens to them..who are they going to complain to now?? We all know there are just as many scummy Americans who exploit and take advantage of illegals because bottom line..who do they complain to???

Old 05-21-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I hear this is what the Mexican Army is told to do at the Guatemalan border in Chiapas. Shoot to kill orders. It's called sovereignty, the right to defend one's borders. It's not really a novel concept. For further proof, go to border of South Africa and Namibia. Or Israel and Lebanon.

true...already told CuCullin that a few posts back
of course they may be doing us a favor cause the Guatemalans are only going through Mexico to get here

Old 05-21-2008, 10:32 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,306,076 times
Quote:
That is really a different argument. Right now legal immigration is capped I think around a mil and a half a year. Now if that cap were raised to 10 million I am sure there would be issues with that as being legal would entitle them to more benefits. I think it would have to be reevaluated as far as do we really need to increase legal by 8.5 mil. I personally don't think we need to admit 10 million a year legal or otherwise. The US already admits more LEGAL immigrants a year than all other countries. Then add in the 20-30 million illegal. When does it end? What about putting Americans first?

A country has a right to determine the number of legal immigrants it accepts. 1.5 mill is more generous than any other country in the world.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:33 AM

plus amnesty is only going to make the problem of illegals even worse. we already did this once before under Reagan if I remember correctly.

Just adds to the dream..sneak into America, tough it out for awhile and eventually the American capitulate and give you amnesty

Old 05-21-2008, 10:34 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,919,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
And yet somehow it is something America seems afraid to do.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
That is really a different argument. Right now legal immigration is capped I think around a mil and a half a year. Now if that cap were raised to 10 million I am sure there would be issues with that as being legal would entitle them to more benefits. I think it would have to be reevaluated as far as do we really need to increase legal by 8.5 mil. I personally don't think we need to admit 10 million a year legal or otherwise. The US already admits more LEGAL immigrants a year than all other countries. Then add in the 20-30 million illegal. When does it end? What about putting Americans first?

A country has a right to determine the number of legal immigrants it accepts. 1.5 mill is more generous than any other country in the world.
Boy if that isn't the truth
try emigrating to Aruba and see the hoops you have to jump through..but..good for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey