Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,880 times

Advertisements

I have driven in 42 states and 5 european countries. SJ drivers are pretty bad. Not as bad as the blue tags from across the river! There is no synchronicity on the road here. Everyone is doing there own thing and not paying attention, not anticipating traffic patterns around them and always up your ass...worst place for tailgators. North Jersey is a different story...much better drivers. And yes DC and MA are pretty bad. LA is bad, too many impulsive drivers I dont know why CA didn't make the top 10. NY - what do you expect up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
I'm a great driver but I do crazy things during rush hour. I think NJ rushhours, bad signs, and FOREIGNERS! have a big impact on the low score.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 PM

56 posts, read 200,352 times
At least people in NJ know how to properly navigate circles... as well as knowing that the left lane of a highway isn't meant for dawdling along at or below the posted speed limit.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:19 PM

58 posts, read 343,249 times
Default NJ drives block passing lane most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Agreed ,New Jersey has circles (round abouts ) no one else does and they(out of state drivers) have no clue on how to navagate them.
I was in different states and different countries. I never seen drivers to jump in left lane and hold traffic as much as yellow license plates holders. As far as new hampshire you can drive unobstracted as long as you do not meet NJ driver. then you stuck behind for miles. I drove with NJ chap in Germany. First thing he did on autobahn is moved to left lane with his 120km/h. And it did not bother him that there were several cars behind and no cars in front as far as he can see.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:31 AM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjohn View Post
I was in different states and different countries. I never seen drivers to jump in left lane and hold traffic as much as yellow license plates holders. As far as new hampshire you can drive unobstracted as long as you do not meet NJ driver. then you stuck behind for miles. I drove with NJ chap in Germany. First thing he did on autobahn is moved to left lane with his 120km/h. And it did not bother him that there were several cars behind and no cars in front as far as he can see.
Sounds to me like he's good driver,being safe is not dumb.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,886 times
Several people have mentioned PA drivers and the left lane. Someone please explain to me why they do that because I am close to a nervous breakdown from driving among them.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:23 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjohn View Post
i've driven on the autobahn and did not use the left lane except to pass - so, that settles it! NJ drivers are the BEST!!!!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:59 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
That and the PA drivers that drive 35 in the fast lane.
I hear ya... I was born and raised in NJ, so I know how NJ drivers usually work... but yet, I aced that GMAC driver's test. I always knew I was one of the smartest drivers on the road.

In PA, where I live now, almost everybody drives slowly... and that's because most of 'em are old fogeys... which in turn is because young people are usually smart enough to stay away from PA.

HOWEVER, Jersey drivers, take heart. There IS a benefit to your being a Jersey driver... and it's illustrated in the following story:

When I was 19 years old, I learned how idiotic the drivers in Maryland can be... especially near the Beltway. I'd never seen such a collection of morons in all my life. Luckily, I had a 1972 Cadillac and a New Jersey license plate. Due to the fact that NJ drivers get quite the reputation for being moronic and road rage-prone, drivers in other states tend to fear them. SO... despite the idiots on the road in Maryland... they saw the huge Cadillac with the NJ license plates and a teenager at the wheel... and it was like the parting of the Red Sea. I could go anywhere I wanted to because they all feared me.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:03 AM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Several people have mentioned PA drivers and the left lane. Someone please explain to me why they do that because I am close to a nervous breakdown from driving among them.
Being a former NJ driver (read: I like to go fast and I can't stand idiots on the road) who now lives in PA, I can tell you why PA drivers like the left lane. It's because so many people drive 10mph BELOW the speed limit in PA that you have to be in the left lane to go any faster. Therefore, people get used to the left lane... and in PA, often times if you're doing the speed limit or even a couple mph under, in the left lane, you're passing the people in the right lane. On top of that, lots of PA drivers are very old and let's face it... for as much as I like old people, they do sometimes have this mentality that they own the road and they don't give a rip about anyone else who doesn't like their slow driving. SO... they get that wide open lane, which everyone loves, and they go five under. Usually, this means they're passing the other old fogeys in the right lane who are going ten under.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:10 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
HA!!!!! I learned to drive in Jersey and now live in Pa. Give me JERSEY drivers any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey