U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 PM

239 posts, read 1,018,003 times

Advertisements

Why not just phone the North Plainfield police dept and ask? I've done that before when considering an area to buy/rent. My friend is a PLAINFIELD police. The Washington Park area is near the library. I can't say if it's safe or not but it appears to be okay. Those homes there are gorgeous! I am sure you have seen this page...
Washington Park Association
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 PM

786 posts, read 2,287,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggywink View Post
Why not just phone the North Plainfield police dept and ask? I've done that before when considering an area to buy/rent. My friend is a PLAINFIELD police. The Washington Park area is near the library. I can't say if it's safe or not but it appears to be okay. Those homes there are gorgeous! I am sure you have seen this page...
Washington Park Association
NICE..i didn't know about that...i love communities that rally their neighborhood and highluight the architecture of the homes...

Homes in the Washington Park district of North Plainfield New Jersey Photo Gallery by Rainy Iannucci at pbase.com

Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 PM

50 posts, read 107,636 times
Default North or South

I would say try So. Plainfield. Diverse yet less crime. No. Plainfield okay but I would stay away from Plainfield completely.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:14 AM

3,458 posts, read 7,748,908 times
I grew up in S. Plainfield - it is very safe because the police keep all the crime out of the S. Plaifield borders.
There are some nice areas of N. Plainfield and some bad - when I lived in the area, Rock Ave. was known as a bad section of town - you might also consider Dunellen - near the center of town - beautiful old homes and a decent school system.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,949 times
I edit a blog for North Plainfielders at [URL="http://www.npccr.org"]www.npccr.org[/URL]. NPCCR is North Plainfield Citizens for Community Rights, a thriving civic information and empowerment group.

Among other things, the group is trying to get the Borough's leadership to responsively deal with crime in the community, based on a perception that things like property crimes (theft, vandalism) and littering have increased in recent years, property maintenance has declined, enforcement of the health and safety codes is lax, and quality of life and property values are declining as a result.

I no longer live in NP (moved at end of June due to my husband's job change) but we lived in the Washington Park Historic District for the last six years. Beautiful homes, great people, nice library (mentioned by another poster), good schools (although the test scores aren't great, but I don't think much of standardized tests as a measure of educational quality).

And now at least, there's the potential for an organized community movement to pressure the Borough leadership (which may change in November) to deal with some of the crime and quality of life issues in a head-on, constructive way.

Old Today, 02:34 AM

1 posts
North plainfield is a beautiful town with scenic landscaping. It is extremely safe and friendly. Great for raising families. Do not be fooled by its proximity to plainfield. Plainfield, in Union County, on the other hand has good and bad areas and borders many beautiful safe towns like Fanwood, Scotch Plains, Watchung , South Plainfield And North Plainfield, but that doesn’t mean that what happens in plainfield affects these surrounding towns. North plainfield police department like these other towns do a very good job at keeping crime to a minimum if any at all and it’s proximity to Plainfield is not a big issue. If you are looking for a great house in a great safe neighborhood, come and take a look in gorgeous North Plainfield in Somerset County. I highly recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or