Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM

14 posts, read 38,341 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone could recommend good towns in Monmouth County as far as public schools, culture, mass transit, traffic, affordability, crime, neighborhood-y feeling, etc. We may be relocating in a year or so from Middlesex County, and at that time I'll have a 15 year old and a three year old, plus the need to commute to a job in the New Brunswick/Piscataway area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:30 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsmama View Post
Just wondering if anyone could recommend good towns in Monmouth County as far as public schools, culture, mass transit, traffic, affordability, crime, neighborhood-y feeling, etc. We may be relocating in a year or so from Middlesex County, and at that time I'll have a 15 year old and a three year old, plus the need to commute to a job in the New Brunswick/Piscataway area.

Thanks!
for that commute the best towns would be the ones close to route 18, depending on your budget and how far you care to drive will determine which one is best for you, most of the towns are good places to live.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:24 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
As was stated all are very nice,price will determine where you by.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:54 PM

161 posts, read 767,702 times
seriously consider old bridge.

The high school isn't great but its not bad either.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:57 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,966 times
Personally, I would go with Holmdel, Colts Neck or Manalapan.

It all depends on your budget. The towns I mentioned are pricey.

Good Luck!
Shanny

Old 05-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Personally, I would go with Holmdel, Colts Neck or Manalapan.

It all depends on your budget. The towns I mentioned are pricey.

Good Luck!
Shanny
rt 18 goes all the way down to Wall, passing through tinton falls, close to eatontown and passing through ocean, all are ok and less costly than the towns you mentioned. Like I said budget and commute time will determine the town

Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsmama View Post

Thanks!
I always thought RedBank was nice ,great downtown area and good schools .There are a # of high schools to look at RBC,CBA, and RedBank regional High and others close by.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I always thought RedBank was nice ,great downtown area and good schools .There are a # of high schools to look at RBC,CBA, and RedBank regional High and others close by.
the town has one or 2 nice sections but for the most part it is quite run down, the downtown while enjoying a resurgence is not geared towards it's residents, it is a playground for the upper class people.
the public schools, especially the lower grades are not very good ( the ones you mentioned are all high schools) and the taxes are high, other than those issues it's not a bad town.
that said, you can do a lot better for your money in the surrounding towns like middletown, tinton falls, little silver, shrewsbury and not have all the issues that red bank has

Old 05-30-2008, 02:37 PM

161 posts, read 767,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
the town has one or 2 nice sections but for the most part it is quite run down, the downtown while enjoying a resurgence is not geared towards it's residents, it is a playground for the upper class people.
the public schools, especially the lower grades are not very good ( the ones you mentioned are all high schools) and the taxes are high, other than those issues it's not a bad town.
that said, you can do a lot better for your money in the surrounding towns like middletown, tinton falls, little silver, shrewsbury and not have all the issues that red bank has
Yeah, redbank sucks are a residential area. Most parts are very rundown except for a very nice downtown area. The area is also VERY prone to flooding. I know its very expensive, but look to see if anyone is selling in Remsen....very nice area close to Red Bank.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
Yeah, redbank sucks are a residential area. Most parts are very rundown except for a very nice downtown area. The area is also VERY prone to flooding. I know its very expensive, but look to see if anyone is selling in Remsen....very nice area close to Red Bank.
flooding? not in red bank! it's in the name, the banks of the river were red.
also the town is called rumson, not remsen, there are plenty of homes for sale there, it can be very expensive and the southern part of the town is prone to flooding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey