Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 AM

206 posts, read 627,780 times

Advertisements

Good Lord...NJ has waay too many small towns....These towns needs to be lumped together. Hoboken,weehawken and west new york needs to be combined....add edgewater, the palisades and fortlee together...etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 04:56 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastguy View Post
Good Lord...NJ has waay too many small towns....These towns needs to be lumped together. Hoboken,weehawken and west new york needs to be combined....add edgewater, the palisades and fortlee together...etc
I don't think many people would agree with you, NJ has a long well established tradition of home rule and people seem to like it no matter how much it costs them

Old 05-31-2008, 06:15 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
I don't think many people would agree with you, NJ has a long well established tradition of home rule and people seem to like it no matter how much it costs them
*cough* us small towns are generally quite a bit more fiscally responsible per capita *cough*

Old 05-31-2008, 06:45 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,363,542 times
But it keeps things from all being the same old boring thing If everything was the same (or close enough to being so), well, where's the variety and fun in that?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:50 AM

110 posts, read 548,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastguy View Post
Of course towns should consolidate. But there are those who benefit from waste who will do everything in power to maintain the status quo. The rest of us are too busy living our lives to get involved, yes it's true.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 AM

110 posts, read 548,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
But it keeps things from all being the same old boring thing If everything was the same (or close enough to being so), well, where's the variety and fun in that?
Everything is already the same. The strip malls all have the same stores. And Lord knows all our open space has been paved over for mini malls.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,936 times
Maybe you have to live in a small town to appreciate it. I love living in one, even though it is more expensive than living in larger nearby towns. Everyone is friendly and pretty much knows each other, the people who work for the town actually want to help you and are courteous and you get the charm of your mom and pop shops.

I don't benefit financially from living in a small town but the rewards are well worth the sacrifices.

Don't knock it till you try living in a small town.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:04 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
*cough* us small towns are generally quite a bit more fiscally responsible per capita *cough*

LOL........well said!

Old 05-31-2008, 03:25 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
Want to know why my tax bill is currently high? 700+ acres of open space, 6 miles of trail, etc, etc bought to prevent strip malls and overdevelopment, which would have caused undue strain on the utilities, emergency services, and school system.

I'm ok with that reasoning, would have costed us far more in the long run.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:51 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,780 times
HOLYCRAP! i was thinkin that 2day, i was noticing, Welcome 2 lodi, welcome to hasbrouk heights, welcome to hackensack every 3 minutes! i was like SHUT UP! put hackensack, maywood, rochelle park, H. Heigts, South Hack., and lodi together... would make everything easy.

and i think the smaller the town the more pricy it is... i relized (not a fact)

i think new jersey would do better that way, it would get a better reputation, like if jersey city and bayonne connected, it would be 300,000 pop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey