Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 PM

717 posts, read 773,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Ok last question..I posted this a few posts back....but it is now buried
If it's ok for kids to do this why should a chaperone now have a $700000 settlement for wrongful death when an 18 year old cheerleader gets plastered, hey the hotel served her, and falls to her death from a balcony in Hawaii.
come on Kate- Its always someone else's fault.

I mean that Chapperone was funneling the beer down the 18 year old cheerleader's throat.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Because she was a chaperone, no other reason.

As chaperone, this person was responsible for the 18yr old (as ridiculous as that one sounds).

and exactly how do you chaperone an 18 year old unless you hog tie them 24/7

Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
come on Kate- Its always someone else's fault.

I mean that Chapperone was funneling the beer down the 18 year old cheerleader's throat.
I was stunned..I'm sure they already got a bundle from the hotel chain

Now..if the police in VT looked the other way and something went wrong..hmmm..alcohol poisoning....date rape...somebody leaving and getting into an accident...fire, oh my the list goes on what do you think the law suits would have been????

Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 PM

ok be nice...we can disagree but remain adult with out insults

Old 06-03-2008, 12:54 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
Indeed. And I drank underage. And I got in trouble. Point being, after I got in trouble, I stopped screwing around and actually did something with myself. I don't "drink to get drunk". If your kids are drinking now, then they feel it's acceptable to do it without you.
I think in most cases that is true. Why condone your kids doing something illegal?

And NO! I am not trying to insult anyone.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,303 times
Quote:
and exactly how do you chaperone an 18 year old unless you hog tie them 24/7
You don't; the chaperon should not have accepted responsibility prior to the trip. The chaperone did, this is the problem.

Quote:
Now..if the police in VT looked the other way and something went wrong..hmmm..alcohol poisoning....date rape...somebody leaving and getting into an accident...fire, oh my the list goes on what do you think the law suits would have been????
Ah yes, the "could happen" argument. Meaningless, imho, but....

Alcohol poisoning.. fits in the don't be stupid category, and I would consider it that person's own mistake. Unless it was forced down their throat, then, obviously, that person is responsible.

Date rape.. again, the rapist. And I personally loath the term "date rape", as rape is just that... rape. No qualifier needed.

A fire? It would be a damn shame. How is the chance of fire any different than a bunch of drunken people at a convention? I don't follow your logic.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:57 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
I think in most cases that is true. Why condone your kids doing something illegal?
Because my own beliefs, when it comes to instructing my own children, in all cases trump the law on what should be defined as right and wrong. I don't agree with the law, I have spoken against it before (yes when over 21), written letters, the whole bit. Why would I teach my children to do as their told without thinking for themselves?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM

717 posts, read 773,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Because my own beliefs, when it comes to instructing my own children, in all cases trump the law on what should be defined as right and wrong. I don't agree with the law, I have spoken against it before (yes when over 21), written letters, the whole bit. Why would I teach my children to do as their told without thinking for themselves?
It has to be done in a wise manner so the police dont find a reason to intrude in our private lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey